APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2006.03.01 - Indystar Blogs - On The Road To 'Chinese Democracy'

Go down

2006.03.01 - Indystar Blogs - On The Road To 'Chinese Democracy' Empty 2006.03.01 - Indystar Blogs - On The Road To 'Chinese Democracy'

Post by Blackstar Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:57 am

On the road to 'Chinese Democracy'

By David Lindquist

Indiana native W. Axl Rose has popped up at a Korn tour-announcement party and a Victoria’s Secret event in recent weeks, fueling speculation that Guns n’ Roses’ long-delayed “Chinese Democracy” album may be released sooner than later.

Let’s add a field report from the Rev. Peyton’s Big Damn Band to the stack of growing evidence.

The Big Damn Band, an Indianapolis-based roots blues trio, served as the supporting act for the Derek Trucks Band Feb. 23 at the Roxy Theatre in Hollywood, Calif. Rose caught Trucks in action, and then hit a VIP party at upstairs bar On the Rox.

Big Damn Band members the Rev. Josh Peyton, Breezy Peyton and Jayme Peyton also attended the party. Beyond the high-profile gig on the West Coast, the arrival of Jayme’s birthday at midnight gave the group reason to celebrate.

“(Rose) heard us say that it was my birthday, and he came over and bought me a couple of shots of Patron (tequila),” Jayme says. “I thought that was real nice.”

[...]

Rose, sporting the cornrow hairstyle he unveiled during a brief Guns n’ Roses comeback in 2002, displayed a good sense of humor, according to Jayme.

After Rose mentioned his own recent 44th birthday, Breezy jokingly said, “Man, that is old.”

“(Rose) looked at the bartender and said, ‘Hey can I get a Geritol over here,’ ” Jayme says.

Naturally, Rose and the Big Damn Band bonded because of their shared Hoosier roots. In the old days, Rose told concert audiences that his native state of Indiana was Auschwitz revisited.

“I don’t think he really said anything bad about Indiana,” Jayme says of the Hollywood meeting. “Maybe he didn’t say anything especially good, either.”

Jayme says the party eventually moved to Trucks’ tour bus, where Rose produced a CD and previewed some of “Chinese Democracy” -- which the singer said will be sold as a 3-disc collection.

“He still has the ‘Axl voice,’ ” says Jayme, who recalls the 1991 Guns n’ Roses album “Use Your Illusion I” as the first CD he ever purchased. “He was in the bus singing along. I couldn’t believe it was still Axl’s voice, all these years later.”

https://web.archive.org/web/20060520203737/http://blogs.indystar.com/celebratedsounds/archives/2006/03/index.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2006.03.01 - Indystar Blogs - On The Road To 'Chinese Democracy' Empty Re: 2006.03.01 - Indystar Blogs - On The Road To 'Chinese Democracy'

Post by Blackstar Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:25 am

Rev. Peyton would later recount the meeting on the band's blog. The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band blog, October 6, 2006:
--------------------------------

AXL ROSE BLOG

I am going to try not to leave anyone out!

Yeah we ended up hanging out with AXL F*cking ROSE. For the whole story and for pics of Jayme doing shots of petron tequilla with him on his birthday you’ll have to read on.

[...]

The first night with Derek Trucks was awesome. I am trying to gather pictures from the show, but regardless this is Chris Edwards. He is the tour manager for the Derek Trucks Band. He, Derek, and the whole band and crew treated us like family. We’ll never forget it.

[...]

The Rev. Peyton’s Big Damn Band at the Roxy! The place was sold out, and the crowd was great. We had a lot of fun playing. Doing these dates with Derek Trucks was nothing but positive for us.

[...]

After the show everyone was having a great time at the VIP after party at “on the Rox” above the Roxy. I know I was laughing pretty hard. Jayme was having fun! Axle Rose was there too.

At midnight it became Jayme’s Birthday. Axl Rose insisted on paying for drinks in honor of the occasion. He was really nice to us, and we spent a long time talking about Indiana. (He is from Indiana too). It was great to hear his stories.

[...]

We continued the party on Derek Trucks’ tour bus when the bar finally threw everyone out. This picture of Axl Rose, Breezy, and me was taken by Derek Trucks. I promised him I would credit him for the photo! Trucks had us listen to some great mix CD’s, and Axle played everyone tracks from his CD that will be coming out soon.

2006.03.01 - Indystar Blogs - On The Road To 'Chinese Democracy' Bigdam10

https://web.archive.org/web/20180730190502/http://www.bigdamnband.com/axl-rose-blog/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down