APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.05.06 - Ultimate Guitar - Interview with Sean Beavan [excerpt]

Go down

2015.05.06 - Ultimate Guitar - Interview with Sean Beavan [excerpt] Empty 2015.05.06 - Ultimate Guitar - Interview with Sean Beavan [excerpt]

Post by Blackstar Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:49 am

[...]

You worked with Axl Rose and Guns on "Oh, My God" from the "End of Days" soundtrack and then the "Chinese Democracy" record?

Sean Beavan: He was really cool. I was there for two years and did 35 songs, haha. I was approached by Billy Howerdel from A Perfect Circle. He was doing some programming there with Axl and running one of the computers for it. Robin Finck was playing lead guitar and so the two of 'em kind of approached me to come in and help out and do some production for it. I brought in my friend Critter the engineer who had started engineering for them. Around that time, Chris Vrenna but Josh Freese started there who was a friend of mine.

A lot of people going in and out.

Sean Beavan: It was fun. I knew lots of people there and they knew me. Axl was really, really interested in working with me and doing some stuff together, which was really fun. Axl and I are the same age so we get along really well. We have similar influences.

What are those?

Sean Beavan: We're both big Alice Cooper and Queen fans. That was really fun. Then I got to become really, really, really good friends with Tommy Stinson who was playing bass. Tommy and I have become really, really close and he's part of my first LA family and made me feel good being here.

You have a good time doing the sessions for "Chinese Democracy" though they seemed to have lasted a while?

Sean Beavan: [Laughs] Oh, yeah. Totally. Axl is an incredible talent obviously. He was the only singer I've ever worked with where he came in and in order to warm up, he'd do a 45-minute stand-up routine, hahaha. The dude is amazing. Any joke he hears, he remembers perfectly and he's got a great delivery. He would just get in the vocal booth and then just start killin' it with jokes.

[...]

Interview by Steven Rosen
Ultimate-Guitar.com (C) 2015

https://web.archive.org/web/20150514060937/https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/sean_beavan_on_recording_slayer_you_have_to_do_it_right_or_the_fans_will_kill_you.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88096

Back to top Go down