APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2020.09.29 - Rocking with Jam Man - Interview with Bumblefoot

Go down

2020.09.29 - Rocking with Jam Man - Interview with Bumblefoot Empty 2020.09.29 - Rocking with Jam Man - Interview with Bumblefoot

Post by Blackstar Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:51 am

Excerpt transcribed by Blabbermouth:
-----------------------------------------------

In a new interview with nine-year-old Jam Man, former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal was asked if he would ever play with the Axl Rose-fronted outfit again. He responded: "I think that they've gone their way, and I've gone my way. We had eight wonderful years together. And that's that."

Pressed about whether he and the other members of GUNS N' ROSES got along, Thal said: "Like any band, sometimes we did, sometimes we didn't. When a bunch of dudes are living together for months at a time, traveling from place to place and living such an intense life while you have this whole other life that's happening back home that needs you, there's a lot of things that can wear a person down, individuals. And when that person gets worn down, they're not gonna be at their best. And other people, depending on who they are, the way they react to people who are worn down and not at their best, it will trigger things in them and maybe not bring out their best. And it's very easy for the stress to get the best of people in a group environment — whether it's a band, whether it's an office, whether it's anyting. That's just the nature of human beings. The way we feel is very contagious. If one person is foul, everyone gets foul. If one person is happy, everyone can get happy. If one person is laughing, everyone starts laughing. So it's very easy for us — and when I say 'us,' I mean any group of people — to react to each other in any direction.

"So, yeah, there were times when we got along great, [and] some times when we really didn't, and everything in between," he continued. "But ultimately, when you get on stage, most of the time, you forget everything and you just get lost in the music and you're having a great time in that moment, just making music and being a part of something that's bigger than ourselves and more meaningful than whatever you're going through. And you're there for hundreds or thousands or tens of thousands or whatever it is, that many people, that are there to be happy. And it's hard not to be when you're part of that."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/would-ron-bumblefoot-thal-play-with-guns-n-roses-again-he-responds/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down