APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2020.05.13 - Appetite For Distortion - Frank Ferrer talks PSSR, Mule Kick, and Guns N' Roses

Go down

2020.05.13 - Appetite For Distortion - Frank Ferrer talks PSSR, Mule Kick, and Guns N' Roses Empty 2020.05.13 - Appetite For Distortion - Frank Ferrer talks PSSR, Mule Kick, and Guns N' Roses

Post by Blackstar Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2020.05.13 - Appetite For Distortion - Frank Ferrer talks PSSR, Mule Kick, and Guns N' Roses Empty Re: 2020.05.13 - Appetite For Distortion - Frank Ferrer talks PSSR, Mule Kick, and Guns N' Roses

Post by Blackstar Thu May 23, 2024 3:09 am

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:

During an appearance on the latest episode of the "Appetite For Distortion" podcast, Guns N' Rosees drummer Frank Ferrer was asked to name "the most challenging song to play" in the band's live set. He responded (hear audio below): "That's a really good question, because there's three eras in Guns — there's the 'Appetite' [era] with Steven, there's the Illusion' [period] with Matt, and then there's the Brain - Josh Freese 'Chinese Democracy' [era]. And all three eras are really unique. The 'Appetite' songs don't sound like the 'Illusion' songs — they don't have the same feel. So, the toughest part… I mean, in a weird way, it's almost kind of like all of 'em, especially from the Sorum-Adler era. And what I try to do as a groove drummer is try to sit somewhere in between both drummers, so you still have a punk rocky, off-the-rails kind of feel, but then a nice, solid, dependable foundation, like Sorum gives you. So, it's kind of challenging. Now, the 'Chinese Democracy' stuff is more straight ahead. The challenges I have with that is playing it more like Brain played them, even though I was able to add some stuff myself later on, once I joined the band."

He continued: "The toughest part is finding the right groove in between those two eras — the first two eras — I think. And I think especially with Slash and Duff in the band now, because it was their era — they wrote that stuff; it's their music — I'm able to find a nice spot where those guys are really comfortable playing the songs, but I'm also comfortable playing from my heart without being cerebral and having to think too much about the parts. So, I would say somewhere in between those two drummers."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-drummer-frank-ferrer-discusses-challenges-of-playing-songs-recorded-by-steven-adler-matt-sorum
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down