APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

07. 1987: APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

07. 1987: APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION - Page 2 Empty Re: 07. 1987: APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION

Post by Soulmonster Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:28 am

SLASH WRECKS CARS

[Talking about the strongest impression he has from recording 'Appetite']: You should probably ask the rental car companies who rented us the vans we used to drive from Valley to Hollywood and back [laughs]. There were a few damaged vans - we must have dropped off about three or four in the middle of the night. So many rental places were pissed off and ready to sue - except there was no entity to sue, really. That's what that album was about - an appetite for destruction. It was us against the world. And it was a really cool time, because we pulled it off.

Anytime we do anything bad, like I wrecked our apartment and our van and I cost the band a lot of money all the time, I’ll call David (Geffen, a friend of his family’s and president of their label) and say, ‘I’m not such a bad guy, and the band really loves this company’.

[Talking about something wild that's happened to them lately]: Well, if you want anything (looks at Slash) this guy (?) vans, he goes out and wrecks vans and passes out in the middle of the street.

Last time we rented vans for this band [Slash] trashed both of them. We had to sneak them back into the building [?] the van rental place[?] and wrote a note that said, "Sorry!" If you look at our thank-yous, it says, "Back Stage van rental, sorry."

I've been through the experience once already of hitting somebody in a car… I hit a van, it was when we were recording the album. I realised pretty quickly then that one drunken night just isn't worth years in jail, or being responsible for somebody else's misery…
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2