APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2002.12.11 - Chicago Sun-Times - Wheels Fall Off Axl Rose's Tour

2 posters

Go down

2002.12.11 - Chicago Sun-Times - Wheels Fall Off Axl Rose's Tour Empty 2002.12.11 - Chicago Sun-Times - Wheels Fall Off Axl Rose's Tour

Post by Blackstar Fri May 22, 2020 11:04 pm

Wheels fall off Axl Rose's tour

By Bill Zwecker

The apparent cancelation of the first Guns 'N Roses tour in nearly a decade is directly due to lead singer Axl Rose's increasingly bizarre behavior. Always an eccentric in the admittedly wild world of rock music, Rose has close friends and associates extremely concerned over his mental state during the last couple of months. The singer himself has openly admitted he's battling inner demons. "I managed to get enough of myself together to do this," the New York Post quotes Rose as telling a Madison Square Garden concert crowd last week.

Sources say Rose is very close to checking himself into a psychiatric clinic to deal with "exhaustion" and a number of other emotional problems. Famous for his outrageousness, the aging rocker lately "has been even more whacked than usual," a longtime pal tells this column.

For this tour, Rose even traveled with his own psychiatrist, whose major responsibility apparently was convincing him it was important for his mental health to get onstage nightly and perform.

Obviously that didn't work Friday, when Rose refused to appear for a Philadelphia gig--effectively ending the tour.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

2002.12.11 - Chicago Sun-Times - Wheels Fall Off Axl Rose's Tour Empty Re: 2002.12.11 - Chicago Sun-Times - Wheels Fall Off Axl Rose's Tour

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:42 pm

This piece was even more speculative.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

2002.12.11 - Chicago Sun-Times - Wheels Fall Off Axl Rose's Tour Empty Re: 2002.12.11 - Chicago Sun-Times - Wheels Fall Off Axl Rose's Tour

Post by Blackstar Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:45 pm

Soulmonster wrote:This piece was even more speculative.
It's the same with all the articles that cite unnamed "sources". However, I find this rumour/speculation more plausible than the one in the Blabbermouth/NY Post article.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:17 pm

I can't remember how Axl eventually explained Philly and the end of the tour, so I look forward to getting to it Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:29 pm

Soulmonster wrote:I can't remember how Axl eventually explained Philly and the end of the tour, so I look forward to getting to it Smile
He talked about it ten years later, so it's a long way Smile
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:03 pm

Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down