APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1998.08.05 - City Pages - Guns and Replacements

Go down

1998.08.05 - City Pages - Guns and Replacements Empty 1998.08.05 - City Pages - Guns and Replacements

Post by Blackstar Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:31 pm

Guns and Replacements

Peter S. Scholtes

Welcome to the jungle

Ex-Replacements bassist and current Perfect front man Tommy Stinson has joined Axl Rose's all new Guns N' Roses lineup, along with former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck and Vandals drummer Josh Freese. A source close to the band says Rose considered enlisting techno maestro Moby, of all people, to produce the band's imminent recording sessions. But Mr. Brownstone apparently thought twice, choosing instead to take a crash course in the necessary computer technology that will ground G'N'R's new techno sound.

As your imagination reels, let's review what we've learned: The leader of what might have been the best glam-metal band ever (KISS fans, hold those letters) has recruited the bass player of perhaps the greatest punk band ever (easy, Lifter Puller fans) to do an album of, well (and I do apologize Metallica fans), metalica. Does Rose's madness have a method? 'He's actually smarter than a lot of people give him credit for,' says my source. 'I think he purposely sat out the grunge years.' The new Guns have yet to perform in public, perhaps because Rose has reportedly gained enough weight to earn the nickname 'Triple Axl.'
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down