APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1997.05.30 - The Boston Globe - Slashing for WAAF

Go down

1997.05.30 - The Boston Globe - Slashing for WAAF Empty 1997.05.30 - The Boston Globe - Slashing for WAAF

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:39 am

1997.05.30 - The Boston Globe - Slashing for WAAF 1997_010

Transcript:
-----------------

Slashing for WAAF: The Mama Kin Music Hall is sadly being phased out. Look for video games, pool tables, and an expanded kitchen to creep in there in coming weeks, though music will remain in the front room. The Music Hall was rocking Wednesday in the last of three sold-out WAAF-sponsored nights to benefit homeless veterans. Nuno Bettencourt, formerly of Boston’s Extreme, headlined with a hectic hard-rock show in which his guitar pyrotechnics outshone his mixed-too-low vocals.

But the real treat was Slash, the former Guns N’ Roses axman who tore through a set of gleefully loud cover tunes (Fleetwood Mac’s “Oh Well,’’ B.B. King’s “The Thrill is Gone,’’ and Bob Dylan’s “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door,” among them).

The group was called Slash’s Blues Ball and was “a full-on, wing-it band,” Slash said later. He also clarified why he’s no longer in G N’ R, saying that singer Axl Rose was headed in a more “techno-grunge” direction rather than the straight rock that Slash prefers.

“I just quietly walked away and told him, ‘When you want to do a rock ’n’ roll record, let me know,’ ” said Slash.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

Back to top Go down