APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.09.18 - Sweetwater - Interview with Slash

Go down

2019.09.18 - Sweetwater - Interview with Slash Empty 2019.09.18 - Sweetwater - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:46 am

Mostly gear talk.

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2019.09.18 - Sweetwater - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 2019.09.18 - Sweetwater - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Sun May 26, 2024 12:30 am

And an interview with Slash's guitar tech, Ace Bergman; also on Sweetwater, Sept. 11, 2019:

Excerpts from Ultimate Guitar:

Slash's tech Ace Bergman recently offered a brief rundown of the Guns N' Roses guitarist's current rig, showcasing some of the guitars, discussing strings, pickups, and more.

When asked by Sweetwater to explain how many different tunings Slash is using on the latest solo run, Ace replied (transcribed by UG):

"We're all in E-flat, everything's E-flat. Guns N' Roses, there's a bunch of different tunings and a lot more guitars involved and acoustics, but everything out here is E-flat except there's one song we do a drop D. But yeah, everything else is E-flat, it's pretty straightforward."

As far as pickups go, same pickups on all models?

"Yeah. I mean, when we get new guitars, he'll listen to them for a minute and then say, 'I want my pickups in it,' so his signature Seymour Duncans are almost everything. The [EDS-]1275 has some different pickups, and then I think maybe one or two Goldtops have original pickups. There is the oddball that has some different pickups in it, but nine times out of 10, we get a new guitar and he puts his pickups in."

So, by and large, it's the Ernie Ball, Seymour Duncans, Les Pauls?

"The Seymour Duncans, the Les Pauls, our Dunlop 1.14 picks, a lot of different designs, but same - always the same pick, always the same slides. There's parts of here that change, but the root part of it hasn't changed."

In a nutshell, the root would be Les Paul, Duncans, Marshalls, and then other stuff in between, I see you've gone back to the original JCM Slash signature series?

"Yeah. Les Pauls, Duncans, Marshalls, and a wah. We've got some of the '90s re-issues, we've got some of the originals, probably, and then, of course, this is another '90s re-issue. And then the other rig, we have some of the new Silver Jubilees came out a few years ago, those are incorporated into the rigs. We did have a lot in stock, so we didn't have to supplement with too many new ones."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/slashs_tech_talks_gear_gnr_guitarist_is_using_these_days_names_the_only_picks_hes_using.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down