APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Interview with Ron Anderson (Axl's vocal coach)

2 posters

Go down

Interview with Ron Anderson (Axl's vocal coach) Empty Interview with Ron Anderson (Axl's vocal coach)

Post by Blackstar Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:46 am

Interesting...

----------

Vocal coach to the stars Ron Anderson and Dr Juan Pérez tell the story behind Voixtex – their groundbreaking mobile and VR singing training system

By Amit Sharma
8 hours ago

One gives vocal tips to Axl Rose, the other is a dentist by trade, but their new website and app could change your voice forever

When MusicRadar caught up with Myles Kennedy back in April, the Alter Bridge/Slash singer praised American vocal coach Ron Anderson for teaching him a 300-year-old operatic practice known as the Bel Canto technique, citing the experience as “the best money he’d ever spent”. It would prove fundamental in harnessing that sky-scraping range which sits right at the forefront of any band he plays in.

Anderson came highly recommended at the time, perhaps most notably for his recent work with Guns N’ Roses superstar Axl Rose and Soundgarden crooner Chris Cornell.

As it turns out, those techniques and exercises have stuck with Kennedy to this day. “If I hadn’t learned all that, I probably would have blown my voice out years ago,” he said.

Fast-forward a few months later, and Anderson is talking to MusicRadar about his Voixtek website and app – which offers the same kind of wisdom that turned Kennedy into one of rock’s most recognisable singers to users around the world. It’s arguably the most technically and scientifically insightful vocal tuition source in existence.

“I’ve worked with so many people,” smiles Anderson, chatting via Skype video. “But I have to say Axl Rose’s voice is amazing, truly one of a kind. I’ve changed hundreds of singers in terms of tone and technique over the years, though he definitely tops the list. I was there for a lot of the classic Guns N’ Roses years and tours, which was pretty wild!”

The renowned vocal coach is joined by joined by Dr Juan Pérez who added his own anatomically insightful observations to Anderson’s findings over decades of vocal instruction to some of the biggest stars in the world, from Ozzy Osbourne, Seal and Alicia Keys to Tom Cruise.

“There is just no-one else like Axl,” agrees Pérez, noting how the Guns N’ Roses frontman combined a number of Ron’s techniques into his own inimitable style. Together the pair explain the story behind Voixtek and how new technology is aiding them in offering unparalleled tuition to those in seek of it.

Full article:
https://www.musicradar.com/news/vocal-coach-to-the-stars-ron-anderson-and-dr-juan-perez-tell-the-story-behind-voixtex-their-groundbreaking-mobile-and-vr-singing-training-system
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 91040

Back to top Go down

Interview with Ron Anderson (Axl's vocal coach) Empty Re: Interview with Ron Anderson (Axl's vocal coach)

Post by Soulmonster Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:55 pm

That's really cool.

For Axl's sake, I fear that his lack of productivity in terms of releasing music means that his legacy as a singer will be sadly stunted. He should have released more, in various genres, and I am sure more people would recognize the amazing talent he has, not just fans and professionals as Anderson.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 77296

Back to top Go down