APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1993.09.13 - People Magazine - Axl's Christmas Surprise

Go down

1993.09.13 - People Magazine - Axl's Christmas Surprise Empty 1993.09.13 - People Magazine - Axl's Christmas Surprise

Post by Blackstar Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:03 pm

Axl's Christmas Surprise

By People Staff

TO BE AXL, ROSE, LEAD SINGER AND chief hothead of Guns N’ Roses, is to be misunderstood. Just because he occasionally shows up late to his own concerts or launches into lengthy onstage tantrums doesn’t mean he’s a callous person. In fact, it turns out that rock’s premier nasty boy has feelings—as well as anatomy—that can be bruised.

Consider the legal action that Rose, 31, brought Aug. 27 in Los Angeles Superior Court against Stephanie Seymour, 24, the Victoria’s Secret supermodel he had reportedly been engaged to marry. The two broke up in February, and Rose is now suing her for assault, battery and the recovery of more than $100,000 worth of jewelry, including a diamond, gold and turquoise necklace and a 4.5-carat diamond engagement ring. “He wants them returned,” says his sister Amy Bailey, 28, who runs the band’s fan club. “Rather than keep them as a sad and sorry reminder, he wants to give them to a child-abuse charity.”

Seymour, who once dated Warren Beatty and is now linked with Peter Brandt, 45, the polo-playing owner of Interview magazine, met Axl in 1991, when she was the star of GNR’s “Don’t Cry” video. At first, all was bliss. “The whole relationship was wonderful,” says Axl’s sister. “Until last Christmas.”

That’s when Stephanie organized a yuletide party for Axl and several dozen friends and relatives at his Malibu home. According to Bailey, the two had been bickering and Axl, preferring to be alone, asked the guests to leave around midnight. Seymour was in a more festive mood. After she reportedly called him a name, a 45-minute brawl ensued during which Seymour allegedly swung a chair at Axl, just grazing the singer, then connected with a fist to the groin. “I never saw Axl strike, punch or slap her,” Bailey says of her brother, who is renowned for his explosive temper. “[Stephanie] wants to push things to the edge.”

Seymour denies all, not just the assault. “I strongly disagree with Mr. Rose’s version of these matters,” she says through a spokesman. “I was never engaged to Mr. Rose.” She intends to donate the jewelry in question to charity. As for Axl, she says, “I have gone on with my life, and I hope that he can do so as well.”

https://people.com/archive/axls-christmas-surprise-vol-40-no-11/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down