APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The 'What are you listening to?' thread

+13
Uli
denitza
rosesforcure
puddledumpling
be my baby
DanyYo
Monique
seely
bumb.l.foot
Johan
Soulmonster
Pawnshop-Sitars
17 posters

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

The 'What are you listening to?' thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The 'What are you listening to?' thread

Post by puddledumpling Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:47 pm

puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6693

Back to top Go down

The 'What are you listening to?' thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The 'What are you listening to?' thread

Post by Soulmonster Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:55 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76676

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:11 am

I just checked out a YouTube clip of Johnny Depp with Aerosmith and it was pretty good. Of course the recording quality was bad but Steven on harp, Joe and Johnny trading leads and rhythm guitar (leisurely, with Brad in there although the video never panned left to pick him up) and the classic Aerosmith rhythm section it was pretty comfortable. I'm going to look for other clips of the same performance.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:30 pm

DanyYo
DanyYo

Plectra : 6293

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesforcure Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:16 am

I just got to listen to this UNSIGNED band called FAT FOR RIVALS, got some tune quite catchy. The voice of the singer is really great!
rosesforcure
rosesforcure

Plectra : 4168

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:50 pm

rosesforcure wrote:I just got to listen to this UNSIGNED band called FAT FOR RIVALS, got some tune quite catchy. The voice of the singer is really great!

What kind of music is that?

On topic: Right now I am listening to nothing but silence, which is rather welcome, really.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:45 pm

I am at work after closing using the internet for personal things like visiting this forum, and I'm listening to the guy in the apartment above the shop practice playing bass. Finally he is starting to get pretty good. Last night he had friends over and they worked on a Bob Marley tune, Redemption Song.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesforcure Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:09 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
rosesforcure wrote:I just got to listen to this UNSIGNED band called FAT FOR RIVALS, got some tune quite catchy. The voice of the singer is really great!

What kind of music is that?

On topic: Right now I am listening to nothing but silence, which is rather welcome, really.

Sorry Im late on answering. This band sounds like
Soft modern punk with catchy chorus. Another decent
Band is The Darkness.

I understand your Silence Album! Hehe
See if this guys they brake sulence with
A surprising 2013 amazing album!!

Just the fact of 12-15 totally new tracks will
Smash our brains for sure!! If CD was released
Without the leaking it could have been even more
Shocking!

For me now Im understanding songs
like Sorry n If the World.
rosesforcure
rosesforcure

Plectra : 4168

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:05 am

Compressorhead is frreakin awesome!
Love that little hi-hat guy.
This would be very cool with real musicians playing with them.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:35 am

Listening to Radio Paradise, right now playing The Beatles with Dear Prudence. Great radio channel.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:15 pm

DanyYo
DanyYo

Plectra : 6293

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:42 pm

I'm listening to Izzy Stradlin's album Miami.
Three more of his albums have been added to last.fm in the last week or so - don't know by whom but I ain't complaining. Miami still isn't in there, yet. Nor the two singles he released end of 2012: Baby-Rann and Upside.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:55 am

metal anyone? Looking around in YouTube and landed here. I lost track of new death metal when I didn't have Headbanger's Ball on MTV anymore. Death Angel and C.O.C. are kind of a standard in my ears of the pinnacle. I did see Slayer live once, but they were on the bill with Megadeth and Judas Priest who, frankly, slew them.

What have I been missing?
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:24 am

puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:27 pm

puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4886

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Orange Goblin - Monkey Panic
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:12 am

fan of fusion? I've been following this drummer on YouTube for a while - she's still in school now with some real cats for sure. I'm still kind of stunned. Brain scattered. Pretty thorough.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:21 am

She was good, but it was even more a showcase for the guitar playing. I kinda like fusion, but for the most part didn't like the lead guitar. I am not really a fan of shredding.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:21 am

Green Day - She
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 am

Baroness - Swollen and Halo
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Since we were talking about Sisters of Mercy in the other thread, here's my favourite song by them:

It's really dated but I still enjoy the bass riff and the lyrics/vocals.

Lucretia, my reflection, dance the ghost with me.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:07 pm

Good choice, here another "goth" track:
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9472

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:13 pm

That's the Bauhaus track I would have chosen, too Smile. I used to listen to all this music as a kid with friends, we played the Vampire RPG and listened to Sisters of Mercy, The Cure, Bauhaus, Joy Division, Suioxsie and the Banshees and all these other goth bands. We sat in this basement that was chiselled out of the bare rock and completely painted black, with goth and early industrial music pounding out of the loudspeakers while playing horror games. We weren't goths ourselves, just deviants. Good times.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Soulmonster wrote:...we listened to Sisters of Mercy, The Cure, Bauhaus, Joy Division, Suioxsie and the Banshees and all these other goth bands.

Yeah me too. Gotta admit I wasn't a huge Bauhaus fan, but this track is a good example.
I still like some bands from back then, like The Cure and The Damned and The Stranglers (but that's maybe because none of them was ever a 100% goth band!)...

Here's Siouxsie & the Banshees (incl. Robert Smith from the Cure on guitar) with a Beatles cover:

Soulmonster wrote:
We sat in this basement that was chiselled out of the bare rock and completely painted black, with goth and early industrial music pounding out of the loudspeakers while playing horror games. We weren't goths ourselves, just deviants. Good times.

Sounds like fun. I never saw myself as a "goth", but I had some friends who did.
I've always tried to listen to all kinds of stuff, it was around the same time when I heard GN'R for the first time...
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:13 am

This Tony Harnell & The Wildflowers show just happened in NYC last night - I'd have liked to have seen it but here it is in YouTube, ain't that grand. Tony works a request to shut up to some audience members chatting through the show others paid tickets to hear. I'd love to have been there for that too. I'm gonna check out the above "gothic" examples later - thanks for putting them in (although I'm hoping Robert Smith doesn't sing).

puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:05 am

puddledumpling wrote:I'm gonna check out the above "gothic" examples later - thanks for putting them in (although I'm hoping Robert Smith doesn't sing).

Don't worry, Siouxsie wouldn't allow anyone to sing beside her... Wink
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:05 am

I did just listen to a bunch of Sisters of Mercy songs in YouTube. Not my cup of tea but the clips have lots of views so I gather they were pretty popular in their day. I couldn't handle the drumming style and so cleansed my ear palates with this.... sfhaetdj whose vocalist, in more recent clips fronting his own band reminded me of Honky Toast! Kissy Go figure.

I did find a clip featuring Nick Cave who another friend had recommended. I listened to lots of clips and wasn't getting it until I found Grinderman. That Nick Cave is a chameleon like Bowie is. Any Nick Cave fans? He seems really popular in parts of the world other than where I live.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:07 am

puddledumpling wrote:
I did find a clip featuring Nick Cave who another friend had recommended. I listened to lots of clips and wasn't getting it until I found Grinderman. That Nick Cave is a chameleon like Bowie is. Any Nick Cave fans? He seems really popular in parts of the world other than where I live.

Gotta admit I liked a few Nick Cave songs back in the day (e.g. his song on the soundtrack "Until the end of the world"), but never got round to buy his albums. Then later, someone gave me his "The Boatman's Call" for my birthday and I really enjoyed it, especially as at first listen (the day after my b-day) I was tired and hung over and the music just fit my mood! Smile
I went on to buy some of his albums, but not all of them. Didn't like Grinderman to be honest, but his new one is pretty good. I bought it in February when it was cold and foggy and dark, so once again it fit to the mood. sfhaetdj
Must see if I can go to his gig in Munich in Nov. but it might well be sold out before I decide... Mini shock
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next