APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2017.09.03 - The Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA, USA

2 posters

Go down

2017.09.03 - The Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA, USA Empty 2017.09.03 - The Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA, USA

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 01, 2019 6:13 pm

2017.09.03 - The Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA, USA Index12

September 3, 2017
The Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA, USA
Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Chinese Democracy
04. Welcome to the Jungle
05. Double Talkin' Jive
06. Better
07. Estranged
08. Live and Let Die
09. Rocket Queen
10. You Could Be Mine
11. Attitude
12. This I Love
13. Civil War
14. Yesterdays
15. Coma
Godfather theme (Slash's solo)
16. Sweet Child O' Mine
17. Wichita Lineman
18. Used To Love Her
19. My Michelle
Wish You Were Here jam
20. November Rain
21. Black Hole Sun
22. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
23. Nightrain
ENCORE:
24. Patience
25. I Got You (I Feel Good)
26. Don't Cry
27. The Seeker
28. Paradise City

Date:
September 3, 2017.

Venue:
The Gorge Amphitheatre.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Slash: Lead and rhythm guitar, and backing vocals
Richard Fortus: Rhythm and lead guitar, and backing vocals
Duff Mckagan: Bass and backing vocals
Dizzy Reed: Piano and backing vocals
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Melissa Reese: Keyboard and backing vocals

Poster:
(Artist: Ulrich Planer)

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

2017.09.03 - The Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA, USA Empty Re: 2017.09.03 - The Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA, USA

Post by Blackstar Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:05 pm

Patience from this show (official video):

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

2017.09.03 - The Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA, USA Empty Re: 2017.09.03 - The Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA, USA

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:07 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:07 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:12 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:38 pm

Review in playXear, Sept. 6, 2017:
Guns N’ Roses bring down the Gorge

Shortly after the success of their comeback in 2016, Guns N’ Roses announced a second round of dates for their Not in this Lifetime Tour. Fans around Washington State were lucky as the legendary band was returning to one of the best outdoor venues, The Gorge. Many headed out on Labor Day weekend to catch one of their favorite bands, which by some music miracle, reunited decades later.

The afternoon started off with local up and coming band Ayron Jones, who has been creating buzz for a few years now. The Seattle rockers put on a great show proving even further why they deserve all the hype around their name. You can catch them in Seattle on November 13th as they finish their tour at the Showbox Market. Next up were British rockers Royal Blood, who have taken over the scene with just a bass and drumset. After their successful eponymous debut they released How Did We Get So Dark? earlier this year which proved to be just as grand as their previous work. Both of the openers were great choices and such a treat before the main course.

As time drew near for GnR to take over our eyes and ears the screens displayed their signature logo, as the guns and roses moved around. When their band took the stage the “Looney Tunes” music came on followed by “The Equalizer” as screaming fans filled the place with noise. The rockers ran onstage kicking off with “It’s So Easy” and it all felt like a dream to actually see them all playing together. The show kept on a high note and did not lose a minute of intensity in the 3 hours it lasted.

Axl Rose was wearing his signature outfit, tee shirt, jeans, flannel around his waist, bandana, and hat, along with many chains. He’s probably the only human that can pull this outfit off in 2017 and look good. Slash to his left was also wearing his tall hat, jeans, ripped shirt, wallet chain, and bandana hanging out his back pocket. Felt like we were all a part of one of their early videos as many dressed up for the occasion.

Duff McKagan stood on Rose’s right playing his bass and even wore an Easy Street Records shirt for part of the set representing his Seattle roots. Slash was to his left shredding on his guitar through highs and lows leaving everyone amazed with his capabilities. The rest of the band included Dizzy Reed, Melissa Reese on keyboards and backing vocals, Richard Fortus on guitar, and Frank Ferrer on the drums.

Their famous cover of “Live and Let Die,” included pyrotechnics that were present throughout the show and the finale was marked by confetti which filled the crowd. The impressive 31 song setlist included all the favorites along with a number of covers, most memorable “Black Hole Sun,” in honor of Chris Cornell.

Highlights of the night were “November Rain,” which was perfectly played by Rose on the piano and Slash killing his guitar solo, and the last song “Paradise City,” that became a huge sing along. The whole night was a surreal experience which exceeded every expectation. The band has found its stride after touring for a bit and they have proven why they are rock legends once again.
http://playxear.com/guns-n-roses-bring-gorge/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:43 pm

From the playXear review above:

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:19 pm

Nada Mucho blog, Nov. 5, 2017:
Guns N’ Roses: Not In This Lifetime Tour
Gorge Amphitheatre in George, Washington
Sunday, Sept. 3, 2017
Words and Photos by Travis Trautt

What a memorable first trip the Gorge, my home state’s gorgeous outdoor amphitheater.

Adding drama for the HUGE, extremely fired-up crowd was the haze from massive wildfires plaguing the state this fall. The smoke was so thick I didn’t even get my own version of the venue’s iconic sunset behind the stage.

I didn’t expect much from my childhood idols Guns N’ roses, who haven’t aged as gracefully as other hard rock bands, but with it felt like a bucket list moment worthy of the 2.5 hour drive from Seattle.

Shunning the myth that the L.A. group always goes on late, Axel Rose and crew took the stage right around the published set time and tore in to “It’s So Easy” from their classic 1987 album Appetite for Destruction.

My blood was pumping. Duffy and Slash were on point, leading the band through a massive 33 song set featuring tracks from each of their albums including personal favorites “Rocket Queen” and “My Michelle” and covers like the Misfits’ “Attitude” and “Wish You Were Here” by Pink Floyd.
https://www.nadamucho.com/bucket-list-photo-set-guns-n-roses-the-gorge/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:25 pm

From the review above (credit: Travis Trautt)

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:26 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:27 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:32 pm

Melissa's Instagram, Sept. 4, 2017:

Melissa: Well...... Abt last night.... #Gorge / #seattle / #HOME !!!!!! My heart just purrrrrrrs when I think abt the unreal opportunity, experience and honor it was to play in front of the fans in my home state. I adore you and felt so much fucking love.... If I could capture the feeling of seeing all your smiling faces singing ur hearts out and riding with us, I would never ever let it go.... My deepest #thanks to everyone that came (some of u have literally known me since before I was born, when I was in diapers, or just after....) Others since we were kids, and for most of the crowd (as always) I'm the new girl in the band (tho it's already been a year and a half #WTF?!?!?).... In any case, I thank you all so much for even giving me a shot at winning ur hearts and earning my spot up on stage with these #icons.... It's not lost on me because I *am* one of you. I love this music, I love my bandmates (and our incredible crew who works so so hard so we can do our thing out there), and know l am just sf #blessed to do what I do...... #ThankYou is on loop. AndThoughSheBeButLittleSheIsFierce

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYoa5bSFXqn/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down