APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1991.07.09 - Starplex Amphitheatre, Dallas, USA

2 posters

Go down

1991.07.09 - Starplex Amphitheatre, Dallas, USA Empty 1991.07.09 - Starplex Amphitheatre, Dallas, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:11 am

Date:
July 9, 1991.

Venue:
Starplex Amphitheatre.

Setlist:
[Unknown setlist]

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass), Dizzy Reed (keyboards) and Matt Sorum (drums).

1991.07.09 - Starplex Amphitheatre, Dallas, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 1991.07.11.
1991.07.09 - Starplex Amphitheatre, Dallas, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 1991.07.08.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76675

Back to top Go down

1991.07.09 - Starplex Amphitheatre, Dallas, USA Empty Re: 1991.07.09 - Starplex Amphitheatre, Dallas, USA

Post by Blackstar Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:47 am

From a Geffen press release, July 10, 1991:

GUNS N’ ROSES HALT SHOW OVER BOTTLE THROWING

(DALLAS, TX, JULY 10, 1991) – W. Axl Rose called a halt in the Guns N’ Roses concert at the Starplex Amphitheater last night to admonish the audience about safety after someone in the audience pitched a whiskey bottle onto the stage.

“Stop! Stop! Stop! Some selfish, stupid, idiotic motherf----er just threw this on stage!” began Rose who sat down on the drum riser and held up the empty bottle. “I want to make it real clear: if you throw stuff on stage we will leave. This is not about us being badder than you or anything. It has to do with being responsible – both to the band and to yourselves.

“I got my philosophy on this from Lemmy in Motorhead (a British metal band) who told me ‘don’t let them throw shit at your show ‘cause it could happen at the next band’s show and someone could get hurt.”

The incident happened 25 minutes into GNR’s performance which began at 9:30 pm and concluded at 11:40 pm.

In an exemplary example of cooperation between band and venue security, the bottle thrower was identified, removed to the backstage area and handed over to Dallas police who placed him under arrest.

“The guy deserves to go; he could have injured someone,” commented one of the officers as they took the bottle thrower away.

The start time of the previous night’s sold out show at the 20,000-seat Starplex was delayed due to equipment problems stemming from a riot that erupted at the conclusion of GNR’s show last Tuesday in St. Louis, MO. Most of the band’s music, sound, video and lighting gear were destroyed or stolen in the melee, causing cancellation of shows July 4 in Chicago, IL and July 6 in Bonner Springs, KS. The Dallas shows marked the resumption of the tour. [...]

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87712

Back to top Go down