APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1991.08.18 - Aktuellt SVT (Sweden) - Interview with Slash

2 posters

Go down

1991.08.18 - Aktuellt SVT (Sweden) - Interview with Slash Empty 1991.08.18 - Aktuellt SVT (Sweden) - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:19 am

TRANSCRIPTION:
---------------------

[Host talks in Swedish]

[Live footage]

Slash: I’d say it’s one of the few bona fide rock bands that’s in the current crop of new bands in the industry right now. The best way of putting it is that we hold true to certain rock ‘n’ roll standards. Standards that we grew up with, you know? And I just don’t see a lot of people doing it right now. It seems very stale, and contrived, and it’s very monetary at this point. And I think it’s got very predictable.

[Live footage – Voice-over in Swedish]

Interviewer: Why are you so nasty?

Slash: I thought I was fine (chuckles). That’s... You know, other people say that. I mean, that’s just someone else’s opinion, I suppose. It’s not something I work at.

Interviewer: But all these headlines and stuff, do you think that’s...

Slash: Yeah, but a lot of it, it’s all hype and everybody’s out looking for that. They’re trying to pin something on us, you know, or to nail us with some, sort of like, decadent cliché or something. I don’t know, we seem to be everybody’s scapegoats. And, you know, scapegoats for their fucking... their own fantasies or something. I mean, a lot of people complaining are the people that wish they were doing it, I suppose.

[Live footage]

Last edited by Blackstar on Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

1991.08.18 - Aktuellt SVT (Sweden) - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 1991.08.18 - Aktuellt SVT (Sweden) - Interview with Slash

Post by Shackler Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 pm

According to SVT's Archive website, this aired on August 18, 1991.

Here are translations for the Swedish parts:

SVT wrote:Monica Saarinen: They have been called the world's best rock band... but also the world's worst. The American Guns N' Roses' road to success has been troubled with controversies, and this weekend, they hit Sweden for the first time.

Axel Arnö (voice-over): You can't call Guns N' Roses predictable. Nobody knows for sure when the next controversy will hit. Violence, alcohol, and drugs are among the headlines--most of it being strongly exaggerated, obviously.

The host talks about them like they're some kind of disease, the actual interview wasn't much, they basically tried to paint them into a corner. Also notice how the voice-over guy used "Axl" as his byline, embarrassing, to say the least lol
Shackler
Shackler

Plectra : 2823

Blackstar likes this post

Back to top Go down

1991.08.18 - Aktuellt SVT (Sweden) - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 1991.08.18 - Aktuellt SVT (Sweden) - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:17 pm

Shackler wrote:According to SVT's Archive website, this aired on August 18, 1991.

Here are translations for the Swedish parts:
SVT wrote:Monica Saarinen: They have been called the world's best rock band... but also the world's worst. The American Guns N' Roses' road to success has been troubled with controversies, and this weekend, they hit Sweden for the first time.

Axel Arnö (voice-over): You can't call Guns N' Roses predictable. Nobody knows for sure when the next controversy will hit. Violence, alcohol, and drugs are among the headlines--most of it being strongly exaggerated, obviously.

The host talks about them like they're some kind of disease, the actual interview wasn't much, they basically tried to paint them into a corner. Also notice how the voice-over guy used "Axl" as his byline, embarrassing, to say the least lol

Thank you! I'll update the date in the title.

So that guy was called Axel and changed it to "Axl" for the interview? That's hilarious Very Happy
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down