APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Brooklyn. And other States.

+3
Uli
Soulmonster
FromHell
7 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Brooklyn.  And other States. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brooklyn. And other States.

Post by Soulmonster Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:49 pm

Who is Cuffy?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:55 am

FromHell wrote:
There are one too many ifs in that post.

Are there? Oh well, I'm nearly very sorry for that.

As for your farther ramblings: you've lost me (again), I don't understand much. Embarassed
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9553

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:38 am

FromHell wrote:Dayum.  People have a way.

I’m getting pinged off-site, particularly about Cuffy.  As such, I’ll give a quick turn-a-round.  That is turn, not reach.

Speaking of which, I’ve had several “private” communications with the proprietor of this site over several months (or more).  While, admittedly, I initially thought that he was yet another indoctrinated and in lockstep, he’s proved otherwise.  Biased though he may be, let’s distinguish that from Corporal Upham’s cowardice at gnfnr.com, the censoring putrefaction by Rance Truth Censoring Bro at the behest of canadian John Boy, the literal stalking and (attempted) bullying by Jarmo Luukonnen (if that is an actual name) of @FromHell and @justanurchin on a now-nearly defunct site (praise to the people), and the sent-to-pasture Mister Sells Lies.  One thing, though, that I will say on behalf of beho(M)ith Sells Lies, is that when I exposed his child-like fraud upon PropagandaLand, at least he exited gracefully.  If tail tucked is graceful.

I can unequivocally say that the proprietor here is a decent human being, and as importantly for present purposes, not beholden to the Gimp, Cuffy or their puppeteer (what was JoePa’s last name?).  He’s learning about these figures in real time, just as you.

Live dangerously.  The action is at a-4.d.com.  And will be for the foreseeable future.  Thieving from me to repost in “your own words” to appear as an ‘expert,’ contrarian or otherwise, at a censoring site elsewhere in ForumLand (and on the pages of RS) is ignoble, at best.

Hey, stop slinging shit at other forums and their owners/admins. I don't want that drama here and I don't intend A4D to be a refuge for guys with vocal grudges towards other sites.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:15 pm

FromHell wrote:...bear in mind that Adler, Izzy and Slash have all precisely described for you in published interviews the literal chain of events that unfolded from late 2015 until the days just prior to April 1, 2016.  Hell, even DMoney resuscitated these events and his role as PR man.

Wouldn't it be easier to just quote these interviews to press home your point? (*)

Because, at the moment I would have the time, but I just can't be bothered to go back and seek these interviews and re-read them. Doh!

*(I'm sure the Admin won't ban you here for quoting GNR interviews!)
Uli
Uli

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:55 pm

FromHell wrote:
Dealing in minutiae ain’t my thing.  

Now c'm on!  Wink

FromHell wrote:Izzy has multiple Tweets and RS statements re the negotiations.  Hell, he even pushed a tune out with Adler’s first replacement about Slash, DMoney and the singer’s greed.  

Yeah, I do remember those (and the song).   Very Happy

FromHell wrote:It is likewise critical to note what topics that he has avoided, denied (more on that later) ...

Yep, looking forward to "later" then.  Cool

FromHell wrote:It appears that you are more than a few paces off the beaten path.

Got me here. Indeed I often "lag behind" - like I got interested in the "Chinese Democracy" saga only around 2002-03, while most other fans had already been waiting since 1998 or so.
(I'd lost interest in GNR around '98-'99, Slash had left - the latest release had been a cover of a Rolling Stones song and "Oh my god" didn't give me much hope - nowadays I kinda like it, told you I'm always behind...)

Well, then again you act as the "expert" here, isn't it your friggin' job to bring me back on track? And pronto, please.  Razz  Wink

FromHell wrote:
A twenty-year stalemate ensued in which Slash and DMoney legally prevented the singer from using the marks, cashing in on synch and even pirating their royalties.  Hence, the singer played Brooklyn Bowl and backyard bbq's with an ever-revolving door of nobodies in his cover band

Yeah, well, that is one way to put it. The history of "new" GnR has been well documented. I was around for those years from 2006 until 2014.
Except for this part maybe:
FromHell wrote:..that's before we get into the link between these Howard Hughes years and the current dilemma with Vivendi d/b/a UMG and it's sub Geffen.

Looking forward to more "info" on this!!!  Hay

FromHell wrote:
There is no contractual anything because he is a Remaining, Original Partner who, along with DMoney, controlled the partnership assets for a quarter century.  There was never going to be any unleashing of the Brink's truck known as AFD unless Slash and DMoney were physically playing in the band.  It took the singer crawling back by requesting Slash's number two decades after the fact to get this not-so-subtle point.

Ok, if that was your "point" (or one of 'em), I finally got it. sfhaetdj
Uli
Uli

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:41 pm

FromHell wrote:
Nothing for nothing, but you’re outta control with the snipping.  

I'm out of control? You post thing after thing incl. useless videos and I'm out of control? You call users who question your bla bla names ("dim n***" was used here in this thread) and then you complain you get banned from other forums? And I'm the one out of control? Yeah right! Facepalm  

FromHell wrote:In all that splicing (yellow highlighting, really), you missed a conspicuous line.  In a post just above and repeated (earlier) elsewhere:  “[…] all the man does is talk…about…his power as a GP ...”

What is a GP? Sorry if I'm not up-to-date with all the abbreviations you use (you, as in singular). hoeuhlet

Note: I did not "miss" that line, I just didn't quote it!

FromHell wrote:
Have you lost your mind?

Ghost Alien  Zombie

Have I? Yes, I guess I have. At least one thing we both have in common, eh? Razz

Last edited by Uli on Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:28 pm

Sorry, I can't comment about "ForumLand", as I'm outside of all that...
For the moment, AfD here is sufficient for me. Cool

FromHell wrote:
The clips form a narrative.

That's nice, but: didn't you say that "dealing in minutiae" wasn't your thing? Maybe it is, huh?

FromHell wrote:
General Partner, I think you mean.  There were once five.  Three remain since '91.

Ok, thanks.

FromHell wrote:
Anything else I can do you for?

What d'you think about Niven betting that Izzy will be there at the "Louder Than Life" festival?
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next