APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

XX. Notes

2 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

XX. Notes - Page 16 Empty Re: XX. Notes

Post by Blackstar Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:03 am

Blabbermouth, Sept. 13, 2011:
Guns N' Roses Guitarist Bumblefoot Releases 'Let Your Voice Be Heard' Single

Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal has released the eighth in a series of singles being made available digitally this year, a punk-metal anthem called "Let Your Voice Be Heard". The track is available in MP3 (320kps), AAC, and higher-quality formats FLAC, MP3 HD, Apple Lossless and WAV. An instrumental version of the song is available in these formats as well.

For guitarists, there's a Player Pack that has a transcription of the entire lead guitar track as a PDF file musical notation, TAB, fingers, picking, and helpful hints. Included with the transcription is a "Backing Track" mix and a "Boosted Lead Guitar" mix, in both WAV and MP3 formats.

The Producer Pack contains 48kHz/24-bit Stereo WAV files of the mix "stems" individual files of drums, bass, lead & rhythm guitars, lead vocals and backing vocals in a bundle that you can load into your multi-track software to play with levels, make your own mixes, and hear every nuance of each instrument's performance on its own track.
https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-bumblefoot-releases-let-your-voice-be-heard-single/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 50800

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:07 am

Blabbermouth, Sept. 15, 2011:
The Compulsions Featuring Guns N' Roses Members: New Song Available For Free Download

New York-based rock band The Compulsions will release its first full-length studio album, "Beat The Devil", before the end of the year. The group's recording lineup consists of Rob Carlyle on lead vocal and guitar, Richard Fortus (Guns N' Roses, Thin Lizzy) on guitar, Sami Yaffa (New York Dolls, Hanoi Rocks, Michael Monroe) on bass and Frank Ferrer (Guns N' Roses) on drums along with many of Carlyle's favorite local musicians; including long-revered blues guitarist Hubert Sumlin (Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters).

"Beat The Devil" track listing:

01. Hired Gun
02. I Just Wanna Play Guitar
03. Dirty Woman Blues
04. Yer Too Good For Me
05. Eat My Dust
06. Ea$y Money
07. Ya Never Got Me Down
08. She's So F****n' Sexy
09. I Was Right, You Were Wrong
10. Shut Yer Hole (feat. Hubert Sumlin)

"Ea$y Money" is available for free download at The Compulsions' Facebook page until October 15.
https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/the-compulsions-featuring-guns-n-roses-members-new-song-available-for-free-download/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:11 am

Interview with Bret Michaels of Poison, Triple M (via Blabbermouth), Sept. 20, 2011:
Becko of Australia's Triple M radio station recently asked Poison singer Bret Michaels about his band's feud in the 1980s with Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses and whether it has continued to this day.

"Let me be very straight with that," Bret replied. "That was more of a feud in the media than it was in real life.

"Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue and Poison were rock bands that were really passionate about what they did. Without a doubt there's a certain amount of competition. You wanna go out there and put on the best show but that friendly competition is good.

"It helped to sell records back then. Guns N' Roses and Poison were touring, doing the same stadiums and both record labels Capitol and Geffen they'd go back and forth with these big publicity releases and then I would see the guys, I'd go to their shows and hang out with them and I'm thinking 'in the media we're fighting but in the real world we're friends.' 'Appetite For Destruction' is one of my Top 10 ever favorite records."
https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/poison-singer-on-feud-with-guns-n-roses/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:25 am

Another interview with Sebastian Bach; QMI Agency/Blabbermouth, Oct. 7, 2011:
On the possibility of touring with Guns N' Roses again:

Bach: "I would play with Guns N' Roses anytime. And Axl is one of a kind. I was too young to ever see The Doors but when I see old footage of Jim Morrison on stage, Axl has that kind of danger thing going on when he steps up to the mic. He's pretty fascinating."

On his first meeting with Axl Rose back in 1989 when Skid Row was opening for Aerosmith at the L.A. Forum:

Bach: "Axl came down to do the song 'Train Kept A Rollin'' with Steven Tyler and he didn't know the words, and he came to my dressing room and he goes, 'Do you know the words to this?' and I go, 'Yes, I do!' So I sat down there with him. That was a crazy night."

On meeting Van Halen singer David Lee Roth:

Bach: "There was a knock on the door bang, bang, bang and he sticks his head in and goes, 'Sebastian?' And I go, 'Oh, my God! It's David Lee Roth.' And he sits next to me and I go 'Hey Dave, you want to roll up a joint?' And he goes 'Sebastian, you do the honours.' But then that night he took me and Axl to The Rainbow and Rick Rubin drove the car. And can I remember sitting next to Axl in the back seat of Rick Rubin's car throwing up going down Sunset Boulevard, and him holding my hair. I was puking out the door."
https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/sebastian-bach-says-axl-rose-has-jim-morrison-style-danger-thing-going-on-when-he-performs/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:31 am

Interview with producer Tom Werman, Hit Channel, October 2011:
HIT CHANNEL EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: October 2011. Hit Channel had the great honour to talk with a legendary record producer: Tom Werman. He was A&R man and producer in Epic Records for 12 years (1970-1982) when you signed artists like Ted Nugent, Cheap Trick, Boston and R.E.O Speedwagon and he has received more than 20 gold and platinum albums in his career.He produced classic albums for Ted Nugent (“Ted Nugent”, “Free-For-All”, “Cat Scratch Fever”, “Double Live Gonzo” and “Weekend Warriors”), Cheap Trick (“In Color”, “Heaven Tonight”, “Dream Police”),Blue Oyster Cult (“Mirrors”),Motley Crue (“Shout at The Devil”, “Theater of Pain”, “Girls,Girls,Girls”),Twisted Sister (“You Can’t Stop Rock N’Roll”, “Stay Hungry”), Molly Hatchet, L.A Guns, Stryper and Poison among others. He is owner of Stonover Farm, a lovely Bed & Breakfast in Lenox, Massachusetts. Read below the very interesting things he told us:

[...]

I’ve heard that your originally tried to produced Guns N’ Roses’ ‘Appetite For Destruction’ album but it was impossible for you to work with them. Which is the truth?

I was asked to go see them in rehearsal. Axl wasn’t there. I asked where their singer was. They replied “He doesn’t rehearse with us cause we’re too loud and he can’t hear himself”. So I said I needed to hear the vocals in order to evaluate the songs. I said I’d come back when Axl was with them.Shortly afterward, Duff McKagan told an interviewer in a rock magazine that I had “put my hands over my ears and walked out“. For some reason known only to him, he felt he had to put me down bymaking up his own version of the truth.
https://www.hit-channel.com/tom-werman-ted-nugentcheap-trickmotley-crueblue-oyster-cult-producer/2072
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:36 am

Interview with Dregen (guitarist in The Hellacopters and Backyard Babies), Café Magazine, Oct. 24, 2011. He says he auditioned for GN'R (interview in Swedish):

https://www.cafe.se/dregen-avslojar-jag-provspelade-for-guns-n-roses/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:42 am

Interview with Sammy Hagar, Attention Deficit Delirium, Oct. 26, 2011:
Sammy Hagar: I’ll Manage A Classic GN’R Reunion

By Bryan Reesman

Sammy Hagar knows a thing or two about reuniting with a famous band, so when he spoke recently with Attention Deficit Delirium, I asked him about his thoughts on a classic Guns N’ Roses line-up reunion. Over the years people have argued that it will never happen. I argue that money is always a good motivator, even if it just means select concert dates like Rage Against The Machine have done. And with GN’R recently being nominated for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, one wonders if Axl and Slash can bury the hatchet if they get inducted, even to at least to acknowledge the accolade.

“They’ve proved it again and again and again that it ain’t [about] the money,” observed Hagar. “They just don’t get along because Axl goes out for a lot less money with his version of Guns N’ Roses, and Slash goes out for a lot less money with Velvet Revolver or by himself. The amount of money they could make if they got it all back together, made a great record and toured the world would probably be as much as the Rolling Stones [get], and for them not to do it, it obviously ain’t about the money. Because they could do it. I would manage them. I’d be their manager and make sure they got the right deal from all the promoters. They could be the biggest band in the world if they wanted to.”

That’s if they wanted to. (The ka-ching will need to ring loud enough.)
https://web.archive.org/web/20210215204807/http://www.bryanreesman.com/2011/10/26/sammy-hagar-ill-manage-a-classic-gnr-reunion/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum