APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1994.MM.DD - Raw Magazine - Guns N' Roses Style!

2 posters

Go down

1994.MM.DD - Raw Magazine - Guns N' Roses Style! Empty 1994.MM.DD - Raw Magazine - Guns N' Roses Style!

Post by Soulmonster Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:47 am

So what's gonna be happening on the GN'R front in 1994? More than you'd expect, it seems! The epic 'Estranged' video is complete and...it ain't coming out! Yes, though the video ties up this trilogy of the 'Use Your Illusion' clips, kicked off with 'Don't Cry' and 'November Rain', Guns N' Roses label Greffen, have decided that 'Estranged' will not not be released as a single.
In an official statement to RAW, Mel Pusner, Head of Greffen Information, explained their decision:
'With the release of 'The Spaghetti Incident?' album in November, we were then faced with a choice of starting to release singles from this album or continuing with the 'Use Your Illusion' tracks.
'It was decided not to confuse the marketplace and the fans and to focus on the new album material. This does not preclude a possible future single release of 'Estranged' in Europe.
'In America, they're are not face with the same problems as Europe as they are able to work more than one track on the radio simultaneously, as they have many different radio station styles in their country.'
Instead, the Gunners have opted to make videos for two tracks from 'The Spaghetti Incident?', their long-awaited LP of cover versions which smashed straight into the UK charts at Number One. The tracks in question are Nazareth's 'Hair of the Dog' and the Skyllmore' 'Since I Don't Have You' the latter a huge favourite of frontman W.Axl Rose. After this they return once more to their own material.
Guitarist Slash claims to have been working through the night in his home studio on original material for a new GN'R album, and there are now no less that eight compositions lined up and ready to go. By the time you read this, the band aim to be in the studio working on an album. Although Geffen have no release schedule for a new studio album as yet, it would appear likely to emerge later this year if Slash 'n' co keep going at this rate!
As if that wasn't enough, it looks as though Guns N' Roses will be back on the road again in the summer, barely a year after the conclusion of the 20-month worldwide trek to promote the '..Illusion' albums. However, no touring details are available as yet.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76676

Back to top Go down

1994.MM.DD - Raw Magazine - Guns N' Roses Style! Empty Re: 1994.MM.DD - Raw Magazine - Guns N' Roses Style!

Post by Soulmonster Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:05 am

This might have come out in early 1994, but I feel it is just as likely it was published in December 1993.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76676

Back to top Go down

1994.MM.DD - Raw Magazine - Guns N' Roses Style! Empty Re: 1994.MM.DD - Raw Magazine - Guns N' Roses Style!

Post by Blackstar Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:58 am

Soulmonster wrote:This might have come out in early 1994, but I feel it is just as likely it was published in December 1993.
Yes, I would think so.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87712

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down