APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

US tour in 2011? - TRUE

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

US tour in 2011? - TRUE Empty US tour in 2011? - TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:06 am

Bumblefoot confirmed plans in this interview: http://guitarinternational.com/wpmu/2011/01/20/ron-%E2%80%9Cbumblefoot%E2%80%9D-thal-talks-gnr-vigier-guitars-and-pyromania/

"Rick: Guns N’ Roses is gonna be on the road in February, right?

Ron: We’re supposed to be and suddenly there’s silence. I don’t think it’s gonna happen. Figuring February is weeks away and I’ve yet to see a single confirmed date. It’s the kind of thing where you have a tour that’s coming together, but it’s so complicated at this level with managers and booking agents and different promoters and venues and itinerary and the production. The manager has to figure out how to get the gear from point A to point B all the time, without us going broke, and making sure all the crew is available.

With everything, all it takes is just one link in the chain to get weak and everything unravels. So, I don’t know what the status is of this U.S. tour that I’ve been impatiently waiting for. It’s been five years since we’ve played the U.S. Last year we did some acoustic shows in New York in February, but as far as a real tour, we haven’t done that. A couple of shows in May and September of 2006 and then a fall tour from October to December."

Last edited by Soulmonster on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

Back to top Go down

US tour in 2011? - TRUE Empty Re: US tour in 2011? - TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:35 pm

According to a presentation in the hands of MSL, GNR will embark on a US arena tour this year and the announcement will come in early February.

There will also be some agreement with the rock and roll magazine CREEM and perhaps a relaunch of Chinese Democracy. Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:14 am

According to MSL, the tour has been cancelled -- or postponed -- because Doc McGhee has failed at putting it together. I'll postpone any comments until I hear from GN'R.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:57 am

DJ Ashba posted this in a comments field on Facebook:

Dj ASHBA™ I am looking forward to the release of the New Sixx:A.M. album, This Is Gonna Hurt. I am also looking forward to touring the US with Guns N' Roses. Gonna be a good year!
21 minutes ago

I am sure GN'R intends to tour USA, but I don't think DJ has really realized how GN'R works yet. Posting things like this will only hurt the band unless GN'R actually end up touring US this year. I think Ron's way of dealing with GN'R plans is much better. Don't say anything unless you are sure it's gonna happen!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Copy of a post from another forum:
http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/2850-possible-g-nr-tour-dates-2011/

I was send this today I ask a mod at the other forum where to post he say better here.

Here is email I receive from circle of Axle

*Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy 2011 North American Tour Dates:

April 7 - Atlanta, GA Arena at Gwinnett Center
April 9 - Orlando, FL UCF Arena
April 10 - Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum
April 12 - Raleigh, NC RBC Center
April 13 - Columbia, MD Merriweather Post Pavilion
April 15 - Uniondale, NY Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
April 16 - Boston, MA TD Garden
April 18 - Newark, NJ Prudential Center
April 20 - New York City, NY Madison Square Gardens
April 22 - Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
April 23 - Pittsburgh, PA Petersen Events Center
April 24 - Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
April 28 - Detroit, MI Palace of Auburn Hills
April 30 - Toronto, ONT Air Canada Centre
May 5 - Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
May 7 - Milwaukee, WI Marcus Amphitheater
May 8 - Chicago, IL Allstate Arena
May 9 - St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
May 19 - Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
May 20 - Seattle, WA KeyArena
May 22 - Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena
May 23 - Boise, ID Taco Bell Arena
May 25 - Salt Lake City, UT Energy Solutions Arena
May 26 - Denver, CO 1stBank Center
May 28 - Dallas, TX Verizon Theatre
May 29 - Houston, TX Toyota Center
May 30 - Austin, TX Frank Erwin Center
June 3 - Phoenix, AZ Comerica Theatre
June 5 - Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theatre

Dates are subject to change, more dates to follow.

*Not for official release.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:47 am

FunkyMonkey at HTGTH posted this on the 25th of February:

Tommy Stinson was interviewed by WMMR in Philly prior to his Feb. 18th show. He says when asked about the status of Guns N' Roses:

Tommy Stinson: Ya know, at some point I think it'll go back out again. I don't really know. There's talk of doing a United States tour. But at the moment, there's nothing on the books. I don't really know -- I'm waiting to hear. I stay causiously optimistic and guarded about that one because I don't want to be the guy that says, oh yeah, we're going to do blah, blah, blah and then nothing materializes for a year.

He also talks about releasing new solo music in May, The Replacements, touring, getting stuck in London and more.

Audio here: http://www.wmmr.com/...ntryID=10206681

Unfortunately, the audio link doesn't work any more.

Source: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=61699.0
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:47 am

DJ Ashba reiterated that there will be US dates this year on April 20, or at least that it is the plan:

We just booked Rock In Rio [in Brazil] for October 2, but there's talk.... We're gonna be going out way sooner. And hopefully we're gonna be [doing some dates] here in the States this year. I'm hoping. That's the plan.

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157358
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Release a new album in stead and do a new world tour and start in the US. Or just Europe again. At least or countries appreciate the band more concerning ticket sales and patience (besides Dublin, that is).
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7397

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:13 pm

Johan wrote:Release a new album in stead and do a new world tour and start in the US. Or just Europe again. At least or countries appreciate the band more concerning ticket sales and patience (besides Dublin, that is).

I agree wholeheartedly. A new record is what the band needs, not just to increase the interest for a new tour but also to manifest this band as a relevant band and not mainly as a nostalgic act. They probably have good songs from 2002-2006 and they definitely have a new line-up that can write new songs.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:16 pm

If I was their manager I would tell Axl to compile the best non-released songs from the ChiDem era and release them soon and then release a completely new record in 2012.

If...
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:22 pm

That is exactly what my advice would be too....It would be difficult, though. I don't think Axl is very fond of people telling him to do things quickly or just do things in general.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Soulmonster wrote:That is exactly what my advice would be too....It would be difficult, though. I don't think Axl is very fond of people telling him to do things quickly or just do things in general.

This twitter exchange took place recently:

rebelx8
Richard Brookes
@tommy_stinson come do some solo shows back in the uk! You are missed! Village gorilla head is one of my all time fav albums!

tommy_stinson
Tommy Stinson
@rebelx8 I would love to do a solo tour of the u.k. and Europe. We'll see how things pan out this summer. Maybe in the fall.

So no GN'R tour decided yet for a fall tour...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 12, 2011 1:40 pm

And Richard is touring with Thin Lizzy from May 28 till July 31. This leaves August and September before RIR4 October 2. So perhaps some warm-up shows before RIR...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 12, 2011 4:51 pm

And this recent twitter from Bumbles suggests nothing is happening prior to the RIR:

bumblefoot Today's the 5 year Anniversary of my 1st show w/ @gunsnroses, what a 5 years it's been! Thank you and love you all so much!! See ya at RIR!!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tue May 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Then I'm going to see Richard play with Thin Lizzy in France and Belgium.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 17, 2011 5:51 pm

Johan wrote:Then I'm going to see Richard play with Thin Lizzy in France and Belgium.

Cool, perhaps I will join you. If not, and you talk to him, say hi from me US tour in 2011? - TRUE 90521
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed May 18, 2011 11:22 am

I intend to see Thin Lizzy at Hellfest in Clisson, France. Great festival with a huge amount of big names in Metal and hardrock. 17-19 june.

And the week after at Graspop Metal Meeting in Dessel, Belgium 24-26 june!

Hellfest has got to have the best line-up a festival where I went to has ever had!

Very Happy

You are mostly welcome to join either of those festivals!
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 19, 2011 7:09 am

Dizzy has confirmed that GN'R is taking time off now and that not much is happening in regards to recording or touring. I guess the next we will hear from them is in October:

“I heard you were in the recording studio yesterday,” I told him. “What’s going on? Can we expect a follow-up to ‘Chinese Democracy’ any time soon?”

“Most days off I’m in one studio or another,” Dizzy shared. “But no, GNR is taking some time off right now. Yesterday I was working on a concept album, still in its infantile stage, nothing worth talking about yet.”

Source: http://gnr-afd.forumotion.com/t400-interview-with-dizzy-in-daltonnowcom-may-18-2011#849
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:04 am

This could actually mean that GN'R will tour in US, if not in 2011 so in 2010:

"Lawsuits between Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose and his former manager concerning commissions and concert touring have been resolved, attorneys for both sides told a judge today.

"They were settled to the mutual satisfaction of the parties," said attorney Howard King on behalf of the singer's ex-manager, Irving Azoff.

The resolutions were announced on the day Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Rita Miller had scheduled trial of the two cases between the rocker and Azoff.

No terms were divulged. But after a preliminary accord was reached, lawyers for Rose filed papers stating that the final accord would involve "a comprehensive touring agreement in which Guns 'N Roses would perform at various...venues."

Azoff sued the 49-year-old singer in March 2010, claiming Rose owed his ex-manager's company, Front Line Management, more than $1.8 million and broke a verbal agreement to pay the firm a 15 percent commission for performances by the band in Taipei, Seoul, Japan, Canada and South America.

Rose countersued two months later, claiming the manager tried to force him to reunite with his original Guns N' Roses bandmates and failed to properly promote the band's "Chinese Democracy" CD.

The suit also alleged Azoff lied about a prospective Van Halen "super tour" and mishandled the band's tour dates.
"

Source: http://www.bhcourier.com/article/Local/Local/Settlements_Reached_In_Lawsuits_Between_Axl_Rose_And_Former_Manager/76718
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by oneAXLinamillion Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Hey everybody..I finally registered!

I'm faithful for the US tour this year!
oneAXLinamillion
oneAXLinamillion

Plectra : 4702

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:31 pm

oneAXLinamillion wrote:Hey everybody..I finally registered!

I'm faithful for the US tour this year!

WELCOME! Very Happy

Honestly, I don't think they will pull together a US tour for 2011, but with the Rose-Azoff case being settled I believe the chances for a US tour in 2012 is pretty good!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:04 pm

From NewGNROldGNR at newgnr.com:

"Jim Koplik, American concert promoter, reported to WCCC there were “rumblings about a GN’R tour”.

Koplik was pressed again on the matter during “6 Concert Questions with Koplik”:

“Nothing new. But I do think you’ll see them in Connecticut… uhm, don’t know where… uhm, uhm… it will be at this point… I, I… I think it will be before the end of the year… so uhm I think you’ll see GN’R by the end of the year in Connecticut somewhere.”

The interviewer then concluded by suggesting GN’R was a “possibility” to which Koplink responded “Yep”.

The GN’R aspect of the podcast can be caught at about 10:40: http://nyc03.egihosting.com:8002/wccc/6_Concert_Questions_with_Karolyi_and_Koplik_for_Friday_June_24_2011.mp3"
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NewGNRnOldGNR Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:37 pm

Fall US tour?

I pursued Jim in relation to this (specifically about the possibility of a tour, Azoff and whether such a tour would be continuity to the prior World Tour or in support of another concept entirely). Koplik gave the following response:

I think you will see them tour in the fall and play Foxwoods or indoor Comcast. I don't know the theme of the tour.

Jim Koplik - Chairman
Live Nation – Northeast
NewGNRnOldGNR
NewGNRnOldGNR

Plectra : 4696

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:53 pm

NewGNRnOldGNR wrote:Fall US tour?

I pursued Jim in relation to this (specifically about the possibility of a tour, Azoff and whether such a tour would be continuity to the prior World Tour or in support of another concept entirely). Koplik gave the following response:

I think you will see them tour in the fall and play Foxwoods or indoor Comcast. I don't know the theme of the tour.

Jim Koplik - Chairman
Live Nation – Northeast

That is great news! Hopefully I am wrong and a US tour will take place this year then Very Happy. But to be honest, I would prefer work on or the release of a new record.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:16 am

Eddie Trunk tweeted:

EddieTrunk
Hearing talk of possible Guns N Roses US dates in the midwest in November, just a handful of possible dates. More news when I get it.
13 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Poc Saenz and Bumblefoot of Guns N’ Roses hangin out in the guitar room
at NYC Gibson/Baldwin showroom. GNR is touring all over this hemisphere
in the fall
, but for now he is producing Poc’s debut album at his
studio in New Jersey. Go to www.bumblefoot.com for more information. Also go to www.gibson.com (Features) to see an interview and performance with the two.

Source: http://gibsonguitarnyc.tumblr.com/post/8177159964/poc-saenz-and-bumblefoot-of-guns-n-roses-hangin

Hmm, does that implicate that GN'R will tour the US or Canada, too? Or could "hemisphere" only mean southern parts of America (with Mexico)?

I will be doing an interview with Poc, btw, soon.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:24 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
Poc Saenz and Bumblefoot of Guns N’ Roses hangin out in the guitar room
at NYC Gibson/Baldwin showroom. GNR is touring all over this hemisphere
in the fall
, but for now he is producing Poc’s debut album at his
studio in New Jersey. Go to www.bumblefoot.com for more information. Also go to www.gibson.com (Features) to see an interview and performance with the two.

Source: http://gibsonguitarnyc.tumblr.com/post/8177159964/poc-saenz-and-bumblefoot-of-guns-n-roses-hangin

Hmm, does that implicate that GN'R will tour the US or Canada, too? Or could "hemisphere" only mean southern parts of America (with Mexico)?

"Hemisphere" means 'half of the world', so if this is to be taken literally it means that GN'R will either do things in the whole of America (North and South), or do things other places on the southern hemisphere than just South America Wink. But I guess I shouldn't take this literally US tour in 2011? - TRUE 440299 .
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Wait & see Smile
DanyYo
DanyYo

Plectra : 6282

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Source: http://big1059.clearcontests.com/front/OpenContest.asp?Action=Login&SurveyID=150964&zx=380

Labor Day Weekend (8/29-9/5) tune in all weeked for LIVE CUTS of your favorite classic rock artists!
Live Licks Weekend Contest:

Listen all weekend for LIVE CUTS from Guns N' Roses, then log in below and tell us the time and day that you heard the song. If you are correct, you'll win tickets to see Guns N' Roses LIVE!!!

Guns N’ Roses concert is Saturday, October 29th at AmericanAirlines Arena.

Tickets on sale Friday, September 9th at 10am at the box office, all ticketmaster locations, online at ticketmaster.com or charge by phone 800.745.3000.

Thanks to volcano62 at mygnr for reporting this! Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:48 pm

From GN'R's Facebook:

Guns N' Roses
Happy Friday UNIVERSE! Looks like we'll be seeing quite a few of you in 37 days @RockInRio
21 hours ago
--
Guns N' Roses
and to everyone in Irene's path heed the warning - we'll want to see you too!
21 hours ago

Looks like the stars have aligned Mini shock
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down