APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Reunion rumours - TRUE

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Reunion rumours - TRUE - Page 3 Empty Re: Reunion rumours - TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:37 am

Johan wrote:If money really is the issue, I doubt he will write with the band.

Something else: I see a lot of comments on youtube videos of the recent gigs. Most are very positive, but only Frank seems to get much hating. Is he really 'fucking up the songs' or is it just because people want Steven or Matt? As a musician, I don't hear anything wrong in the drumming. Besides that, I don't thing Axl, Slash and Duff with put up with a sub-par drummer.

He gets a lot of hate at mygnrforum, too. Some is due to him playing a bit differently than Steven and Matt and some are due to him being there at all when the "purists" would prefer Steven or Matt. He can't really do much about not being Steven, so I feel that criticism is a tad exaggerated.

Personally, I think he sound good. He might not be perfect on all AFD songs, but overall he is a very robust drummer.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:03 pm

Yeah, both reasons to hate on him are quite stupid, although the second reason is a lot more stupid.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7488

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:19 pm

I sort of see where the haters come from. Some of them have been crying for a reunion for 23 years. I mean, they have hung around during the CD years patiently waiting for somethig they think will be better. And then, when it seems it will happen, when it is announced that Slash, Axl and Duff are rejoining, they get utterly disappointed when it isn't a return to the AFD or UYI lineups, but merely a continuation of 2014 through a hybrid lineup. I don't mean that I accept lashing out at Frank for this disappointment, but I understand the emotions that some of these fans probably fight with right now. This is what they were waiting for, they thought, but then it turns out it isn't entirely, and now it probably never will be.

Personally, I get only more and more happy about the situation. I never wanted Slash and Duff to return, not because I have anything against them, but because I felt that would not be a step forward for the band with new music. Now, with teh good mood and rumours that they might be working on new music, and the band being a hybrid and playing CD songs, too, I feel quite happy about the turn of events. Maybe Axl had little possibility of releasing CD2 before, maybe there's an opening now. I don't know. As usual I am just in for the ride and enjoy the chaos of being a GN'R fan.

Go Axl in AC/DC!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:53 pm

Yeah, I agree.

In supporting the new band throughout the years, I'm glad Slash and Duff returned to band without resetting everything and undoing everything which happened between 1998 and now. That they play CD stuff seems like an acknowledgment by Slash and Duff that Axl kept GNR going on his own.

I really hope that this leads to new music and more kick ass tours. But you never know how long it lasts. Let's hope that with some occasional hiatuses the current line-up can function as a real band.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7488

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:47 am

Soulmonster wrote:This is what they were waiting for, they thought, but then it turns out it isn't entirely, and now it probably never will be.

Right from when the reunion rumours started, I knew that there would be people ending up disappointed. Some may be disappointed about the line-up, some about no new stuff (so far) etc. It's really difficult to please everyone, especially when it's GN'R!

Johan wrote:
In supporting the new band throughout the years, I'm glad Slash and Duff returned to band without resetting everything and undoing everything which happened between 1998 and now. That they play CD stuff seems like an acknowledgment by Slash and Duff that Axl kept GNR going on his own.

Yeah, and there's hoping this new line-up will mark their time with some new stuff too. Cool
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9553

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:51 pm

Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:03 pm

Never listened to her music. But it is pop, right? Not a very logical fit for GN'R I would think.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:16 am

Soulmonster wrote:Never listened to her music. But it is pop, right? Not a very logical fit for GN'R I would think.

Yes, it is "pop music" - but not as bad as Britney or such. Wink
And she's not going to support:
http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/18/guns-n-roses-lana-del-rey-opening-act/

We're told Axl Rose gifted the personalized satin tour jackets to his friends and family. Lana was one of a couple dozen who got the hookup. Sources close to the unexpected pals tell us they've been tight for years.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:56 pm

It is a really weird relationship. Especially if it is entirely platonic. Would be cool to hear Lana talk about Axl.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:35 pm

What a lovely pic (shared today by GNR on FB):
Reunion rumours - TRUE - Page 3 13413518_10154270339993069_6276412410213082687_n
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:39 pm

Uli wrote:What a lovely pic (shared today by GNR on FB):
Reunion rumours - TRUE - Page 3 13413518_10154270339993069_6276412410213082687_n

Like it very much sfhaetdj Very Happy
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4966

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3