APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Reunion rumours - TRUE

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Reunion rumours - TRUE - Page 2 Empty Re: Reunion rumours - TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:13 am

Frank has no more gigs with Mule kick now as he "HEADS TO L.A ON A 'TOP SECRET' MISSION", according to someone on Facebook.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:42 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:48 am

Indeed, Axl was removed from the list... Doh!

http://tinyurl.com/jr4cugp

In other news, Coachella has been CONFIRMED!

http://gunsnroses.com/events
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9431

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:42 pm

http://tinyurl.com/gkos8ne

At least one other member of Guns N’ Roses‘ classic-era lineup could be part of the band’s long-awaited reunion. Eddie Trunk, the hard-rock radio and TV host, says negotiations are underway for a possible guest role for Steven Adler. Fellow co-founder Izzy [Stradlin] might also sit in, he says.

“My sources have told me current GNR drummer Frank Ferrer will be retained and play the bulk of the show,” Trunk wrote on his official website. Adler, Trunk noted, could make an appearance “if a deal can be worked out.”

Read More: Guns N’ Roses Rumor: Steven Adler Negotiating for Role in Reunion Tour | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-reunion-steven-adler-3/?trackback=tsmclip
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:18 pm

More speculation, but nice summary of social media evidence suggesting a hybrid lineup: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-reunion-lineup/
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:30 pm

Well, Alan Niven says Izzy will be there (although not clear if permanently)...
http://tinyurl.com/hzg2qe8

“Izzy will sit on the sidelines until he feels like he wants to get his toes in the water. He doesn’t like all the drama.”

“I think he’s written with them.”

Ex-Poison manager Howie Hubberman hinted at Facebook at Guns N’ Roses trying to find a way to have some sort of role for Steven Adler in the reunion. “Negotiations are not finished. They are doing this the right way!! Right way would include Steven (in some way).
Read more at http://www.alternativenation.net/izzy-stradlin-is-writing-new-music-with-guns-n-roses/
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:17 pm

Chris posted that he ahs been informed by management to not acknowledge anythign regarding Coachalla (he had ealier posted the GN'R/Coachella picture). This could mean so many things, including Chris not being part of the Coachella lineup.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:18 pm

Some speculation by Billboard about stadium tours etc.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6843087/guns-n-roses-reunion-stadium-tour-per-show-payday

Although the singer has been touring semiregularly with different musicians under the Guns N' Roses name, the Coachella shows are expected to be the first time the Rose-Slash-McKagan trio will perform together since July 17, 1993, in Buenos Aires -- “expected” because sources tell Billboard that GNR is scheduled to be one of the first acts to play the new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, set to open April 6. Beyond that, the reunited band -- the full lineup and the status of the other two founding members, guitarist Izzy Stradlin and drummer Steven Adler, remain unclear -- is also negotiating with promoters to play as many as 25 stadiums in North America this summer. For the tour, GNR is said to be asking as much as $3 million per show (the Coachella payday is likely significantly higher), with tickets topping out in the $250 to $275 range.

Phoenix promoter Danny Zelisko adds, "I think that if they play the right halls with ticket prices not too crazy, they will do awesome. There is definitely demand for this band with Slash and Axl reunited."

The financial risks for stadium shows are huge, even with proven draws. Production costs run roughly $1.6 million -- plus talent costs and an average tax of five to seven percent. With those expenses, it could take a box-office gross of about $4.8 million just to break even, and with an acceptable promoter profit of $300,000-400,000, the gross would have to hit $5.1-5.2 million before the band would get into overage (meaning enough tickets have been sold for the band to receive a percentage of the gross). Stadiums provide the capacity to put 8,000-9,000 tickets at the P1 price point of about $250, providing the artist can sell at that level; one promoter interviewed by Billboard estimates a ticket scale ranging from $250 - $59. To come out in the black on these estimated expenses would require a $100 average ticket price on 50,000 fans, or a $90 average ticket price on 60,000 tickets sold.

If a show does get into overage it could add another $200,000 or so the band’s estimated $3 million payday. A GNR reunion would likely spur huge merchandising sales -- as much as $20 per head -- generating another $750,000 to $1 million, with the lion’s share also going to the band.

The potential for a huge financial windfall exists, but much hinges on the Coachella performances. After 22 years, will the reunited band gell? Will they adhere to Coachella’s midnight curfew? In the case of Guns N’ Roses, their reputation is both a blessing and a curse.

Read more:
http://tinyurl.com/jga46s2
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:35 pm

Info gathered out of various forums...
Supposed GN'R activities in 2016:
- March: There should be two surprise shows before Las Vegas. (New York and Los Angeles ?)
- April: Las Vegas and Coachella Festival
- May: Mexico City
- June & July: Europe
- August & September: United States
- November/December: South America.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:19 pm

Uli wrote:Info gathered out of various forums...
- March: There should be two surprise shows before Las Vegas. (New York and Los Angeles ?)

Mhm,  june&july Europe? I hope to be true...
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4845

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:08 am

Uli wrote:Info gathered out of various forums...

The mygnrforum member who shares this info seems pretty legit. He was right on the money with the Las Vegas shows.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:41 am

That would be great!
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7367

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:40 pm

If a LA show before the Vegas shows is announced, and I have the time and can get a ticket, I am there!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:01 am

GN'R posted this on Facebook:

"Guns N’ Roses would like to respectfully thank the many people taking credit for our upcoming shows and everything in between. Especially those whom we haven’t spoken to in numerous years who, through the power of media, have somehow served a pivotal, even if non-existent role. We, and the fans thank you!”

That's a comment directed towards Steven Tyler who have been claiming he is partly responsible for Axl and Slash coming together again Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:16 am

Soulmonster wrote:
That's a comment directed towards Steven Tyler

Not necessarily, there were others before him who publicly claimed to be responsible for the reunion...

Oh and by the way: it looks like Dizzy and Fortus are definitely in:
http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2016-01-27/fortus-and-reed-leave-dead-daisies
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Even websites now quote that "source" from MyGnr forum...

http://www.alternativenation.net/original-guns-n-roses-member-rumored-reunion/

The latest Guns N’ Roses rumors on MyGNRForum from Eddie Money indicate that Izzy Stradlin will ‘for sure’ be involved in GNR’s reunion in a limited capacity, performing with the band in Las Vegas.

“Izzy is in for sure. My source didn’t say anything about Matt Sorum and said that there is still discussion about having Adler be a part of the tour on some level. They didn’t say that Sorum would not be involved though.”

“[Izzy will] not [play] the entire show as far as I know.”

“[Steven] is not rehearsing with them but it doesn’t mean that he’s excluded completely. Honestly, I haven’t heard one way or the other.”

“There’s an oversight management team and then each principal member (Axl, Slash, and Duff) have a representative on a committee, and there is also a forth person to look out for the interests of the unrepresented participants (Richard, Dizzy, and Izzy, Tracy, Roberta, Teddy Zig Zag, etc).”

Guns N’ Roses’ classic “Welcome to the Jungle” was featured in a new Taco Bell commercial on Sunday. ...

Typical GN'R if you ask me:
"There’s an oversight management team and then each principal member (Axl, Slash, and Duff) have a representative on a committee..." Doh!

No wonder things take ages. On the one hand, it's somehow "typical" and probably can't be avoided for a "reunion" of a band this size - but on the other hand, it makes we wanna run away from them as fast as I can... Suspect
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:45 am

KEG Management CEO/The Label Group artist manager Keith Neddo reported on Facebook yesterday that Jacob Bunton, the lead singer of Steven Adler’s band ‘Adler,’ told him that Steven Adler will be performing with Guns N’ Roses.

http://tinyurl.com/z2vm2s6
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:15 pm

Another hint at Adler being in, taking part in rehearsals?

http://tinyurl.com/henmtnd

Guns N’ Roses tweeted an image of ‘Ahead’ drum sticks last night, and while many quickly thought they were Frank Ferrer’s due to his confirmed involvement in the 2016 tour, Ferrer was quick to respond on Instagram denying that they’re his, as he uses Vater. Matt Sorum used them from 1991 to 1993 with Guns N’ Roses, as he noted on Twitter, but he followed up by saying he doesn’t use them any more, with Zildjian being his preferred brand.

Steven Adler has praised Ahead in interviews in the past, but hasn’t used them in recent years, though it is notable that he did not respond to the release of the photo, unlike Ferrer and Sorum who both appeared to deny that it was their drum sticks.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:03 pm

I believe Frank has later said they are his (?).
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:51 am

http://tinyurl.com/jk36s2f

THE CULT guitarist Billy Duffy has revealed to Vanyaland that his band will share the stage with the reunited GUNS N' ROSES in the coming months. And while Duffy didn't elaborate, he did say the dates wouldn't be taking place in the U.S.

"I believe we will be playing with them at a couple of shows that are not in the United States. I think I can say that, I believe," Duffy said. "I just found out."

GUNS N' ROSES is rumored to be playing an intimate warm-up show on Friday (April 1) at the Troubadour, one of the Los Angeles clubs where the band first played before the release of its debut album, 1987's "Appetite For Destruction". More information is expected by Friday morning, at which point a limited number of tickets will go on sale to the general public.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-tour-to-expand-beyond-u-s-the-cult-to-open-select-dates/#zQT4V1lzfIFSdJRt.99
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:23 pm

With the chimera lineup being confirmed wih last night's show, I have gone ahead and marked this as true. A reunion between Axl, Duff and Slash has taken place, the band will tour in 2016.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:19 am

The reason why Steven had to cancel his band's show:

When Steven Adler’s current band Adler cancelled an April 1 show the Whisky, GNR fans saw this as a sign that Steven was joining GNR. But that’s not the case. A source close to the band told me that Adler is having back surgery, which is the real reason he pulled out of the Whisky show.
http://tinyurl.com/hvqrku6

Silent Cry
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Very sad for Steven and I hope he was originally scheduled to play that Troubadour show. If he wasn't, then he can't be having a good time now.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:57 pm

Soulmonster wrote:Very sad for Steven and I hope he was originally scheduled to play that Troubadour show.

Mick Wall thinks he was:
“I know some who were there. And they tell me it’s all true, it’s all for real. That Steven actually was going to be there too but he hurt his back during rehearsals. ...”
Read more:
http://tinyurl.com/jcgncml
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:08 am

Poor Steven. Hopefully he can recover and play at one of their later gigs this year or next.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:38 am

Matt said on Twitter that he is not part of the lineup because he "wasn't asked". I assume Gilby wasn't asked either, so the extent to which they tried to make this a true reunion, was to get Steven and Izzy there, at least for some shows/songs. Steven reportedly hurt his back while rumours claim negotations with Izzy stranded over money.

Read more here: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorum-says-he-wasnt-asked-to-take-part-in-guns-n-roses-reunion/
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:37 am

I think the situation with Izzy boils down to money. There has been money problems between the band before, too, so I guess that is what is happening here, too. Izzy doesn't see interested in joining the band full time, it is probably in conflict with his current lifestyle, but stepping in on a few shows and get paid for it, is more his thing. It is a more unrestricted commitment. It allows him to go about with whatever he does, not have to be subjected to the circus that is a big band on tour, and get handsomely paid. He probably demanded compensation on par with what Slash and Duff is getting but were scoffed. I see where Izzy is coming from, if I am right, he was a key music writer in the band, helped to write the very songs that the band is now playing and the reason why fans are coming to the shows, on the other hand, he quit the band and has done very little to support it these last decades while he is lesser known among the casual fans (compared to Duff and especially Slash). It is a set-up almost designed for hard negotiations.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:06 pm

Oh well. If the current line-up is what it is I'm still satisfied. It would be great to have Izzy there as well, but I don't care about Adler or Sorum.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:40 pm

I would have liked to have Steven on one or two gigs, just for his sake. I don't really care much one way or the other, he just needs that closure.

As for Izzy, much of the same. He doesn't have a huge presence on the stage, in my opinion, but I hope he will write with the band.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:45 am

If money really is the issue, I doubt he will write with the band.

Something else: I see a lot of comments on youtube videos of the recent gigs. Most are very positive, but only Frank seems to get much hating. Is he really 'fucking up the songs' or is it just because people want Steven or Matt? As a musician, I don't hear anything wrong in the drumming. Besides that, I don't thing Axl, Slash and Duff with put up with a sub-par drummer.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next