APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Scrap Bar today

2 posters

Go down

Scrap Bar today Empty Scrap Bar today

Post by Soulmonster Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:22 am

Scrap Bar today Goodbyebluemonday

This is what Scrap Bar looks like today, the place Axl and West Arkeen sat and jammed The Garden and Yesterdays back in '88ish. On that famous youtube video the placed looked almost swanky, like any other popular rock club. I don't want this as an analogy of what has happened with GN'R since '88, I believe GN'R is doing a lot better than Scrap Bar, but it is telling as an example on how long it is has been since GN'R was at its greatest. Many fans obsessively compare performances from these days with the 80s, and grumble on about things not being what it was. Well, no one shoudl expect things to be like it was. Things fall apart. Things crumble. Things change. And if a thing is renovated and restored so it can bring happiness to thousands of people, then that is a good and remarkable thing and something not to take for granted.

Here's West and Axl jamming it out:

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

Scrap Bar today Empty Re: Scrap Bar today

Post by Soulmonster Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:48 pm

The jam at Scrap Bar was apparently in 1989 and not 1989 (?).
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
This is what Scrap Bar looks like today, the place Axl and West Arkeen sat and jammed The Garden and Yesterdays back in '88ish. ...
Things change. And if a thing is renovated and restored so it can bring happiness to thousands of people, then that is a good and remarkable thing and something not to take for granted.

Of course, things have changed. Some like it, some don't (it would be the same, even if the original line-up still played together)...
Coulde be worse (e.g. no touring at all)!
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9553

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:18 am

Soulmonster wrote:The jam at Scrap Bar was apparently in 1989 and not 1989 (?).

Anyone (@Blackstar) got an exact date from the Scrap Bar footage? In the MTV documentary from sometime in 1989, there is footage from an interview with Axl where he is wearing the exact same clothes as he does in the Scrap Bar clip. I also suspect the interview was done at the Scrap Bar.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down