APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2000.07.02 - Los Angeles Times - Wheeling Out Axl (Gilby)

Go down

2000.07.02 - Los Angeles Times - Wheeling Out Axl (Gilby) Empty 2000.07.02 - Los Angeles Times - Wheeling Out Axl (Gilby)

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 08, 2014 11:25 am

2000.07.02 - Los Angeles Times - Wheeling Out Axl (Gilby) 2000_017
Wheeling Out Axl
POP MUSIC | Pop Eye
July 02, 2000|KASTLE WASERMAN

Don't read too much into the recent surprise appearance of Axl Rose with former Guns 'N Roses bandmate Gilby Clarke at the Cat Club on Sunset Boulevard. Rose's performance with Clarke of the Rolling Stones' "Dead Flowers" and "Wild Horses" was not the start of a GNR reunion. Rose is continuing to work on a new album with what's become a fluid cast of musicians under the old band name, and that's fine by Clarke.

"Whatever reasons he came down I really don't know," says Clarke, who has been fronting Thursday jam sessions at the club along with its owner, ex-Stray Cats drummer Slim Jim Phantom. "It is what it is. I don't have any interest in putting the band back together, and I don't think he does either."

In fact, Clarke was completely surprised to see his old colleague.

"I haven't spoken to him in six years," he says. "He talked about the new record and the new band. He was very excited. He said he's making the record he's always wanted to make and it sounds phenomenal."

A GNR spokeswoman said that there's no release date set for the new album.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down