APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1997.02.10 - Milwaukee Journal - Slash Comes Up Roses on New Age Chart (Slash)

Go down

1997.02.10 - Milwaukee Journal - Slash Comes Up Roses on New Age Chart (Slash) Empty 1997.02.10 - Milwaukee Journal - Slash Comes Up Roses on New Age Chart (Slash)

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 06, 2014 8:01 pm

1997.02.10 - Milwaukee Journal - Slash Comes Up Roses on New Age Chart (Slash) Utennavn-37

Transcript:

Guns N' Roses guitarist has instrumental hit
BY MARK BROWN Orange County Register

It's not that Slash, guitarist for Guns N' Roses, Isn't used to hearing himself on the radio in Los Angeles. It's lust that it's usually not on KTWV-FM, an adult contemporary-new age station that plays the likes of Kenny G.

Yet here it is: Slash's fluke instrumental hit, "Obsession," from the Quentin Tarantino-produced film "Curdled," has be-come the No. 4 song on the station, known as "The Wave."

"To tell you the truth, I haven't really grasped that whole medium of music where you end up on The Wave," Slash said. "I wrote this song for a movie soundtrack, and that was basically it. I don't know exactly how to receive No. 4 in the adult-contemporary charts. Obviously that's a little leftfield for me."

It's just another side project to keep himself amused while GNR tries to get on track. More on that in a minute.

A friend at Miramax Films sent Slash some rough cuts to look at, and he came up with a quick instrumental for "Curdled," which Slash describes as "a movie about a serial killer, but it's funny at the same time."

The urge to play has led to one side project and album, Slash's Snake Pit, and his cur-rent one, Slash's Blues Ball.

Feuding continues with Axl Rose over the future of Guns N' Roses, with reports that Rose has fired the entire band and is making the the disc with all new players.

It's not as dire as it seems, Slash said.

"Axl and I have just not been able to have a meeting of the minds of such that we can actually work together," Slash said. "We've been through this a dozen times. It seems like a big deal now, but to me it's more of the same."

One of the rumors, though, is true, he said. Rose did manage to buy the rights to the band's name out from under the other' members. Suddenly Guns N' Roses isn't Axl, Slash and Duff anymore; it's whoever Axl wants it to be. Meanwhile, Slash is completing his home studio; an earth-quake in 1994 wrecked the last one. The next Snake Pit record will be recorded there "as soon as the construction is done."

Last edited by Soulmonster on Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

Back to top Go down

1997.02.10 - Milwaukee Journal - Slash Comes Up Roses on New Age Chart (Slash) Empty Re: 1997.02.10 - Milwaukee Journal - Slash Comes Up Roses on New Age Chart (Slash)

Post by Soulmonster Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:50 pm

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum