APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.06.19 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia

2 posters

Go down

2007.06.19 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia Empty 2007.06.19 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:17 pm

June 19, 2007 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia
Setlist:
01. Welcome to the Jungle (Restarted)
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live and Let Die
Robin's guitar solo
05. Sweet Child O' Mine
06. You Could Be Mine
07. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Dizzy's piano solo (Angie)
08. Street of Dreams
09. Better
Richard's guitar solo
Richard & Robin guitar duet (People Get Ready/Redemption Song)
10. Out Ta Get Me
Axl's piano solo
11. November Rain
12. I.R.S.
Bumblefoot's guitar solo (Back In Black, Don't Cry)
13. My Michelle (w/ Sebastian Bach)
14. Patience
15. Nightrain
Encore:
16. Madagascar
17. Paradise City

Date:

Venue:
Brisbane Entertainment Centre.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Richard Fortus: Rhythm guitarist
Bumblefoot: Lead guitarist
Robin Finck: Lead guitarist
Tommy Stinson: Bass
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Dizzy Reed: Keyboards
Chris Pitman: Keyboards.

Notes:
Axl stopped Welcome to the Jungle 30 seconds into the song after being hit by something thrown from the audience. He left the stage but returned and started the song over. ____________________________________________________________________
2007.06.19 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia Rightarrow Next concert: 2007.06.20.
2007.06.19 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia Leftarrow Previous concert: 2007.06.16.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down

2007.06.19 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia Empty Re: 2007.06.19 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia

Post by Blackstar Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:22 am

Article in The Sunday Telegraph, June 24, 2007 with information about this show:
Why his world runs on Axl time - A Guns N' Roses tour is more like a wacky sideshow fuelled by alcohol thanks to its wacky singer

By TONY VERMEER, TREVOR SEYMOUR

WHEN legendary rocker Axl Rose is on a national tour, a continent is forced to add another time zone. For the past fortnight Australia has been running on Eastern Standard, Central, Western and Axl Time.

You mightn't have noticed but the fans who turned up to see Guns N' Roses for the first time in 14 years have been left in no doubt that Rose is not a morning person.

On stage and behind the scenes, the tour has proved the flamboyant frontman has shed none of the idiosyncrasies that have earned him the sobriquet "the Howard Hughes of hard rock".

Fans have been warned that, unlike other acts, Guns N' Roses does not officially take the stage until 11pm. But that's 11pm Axl time. In reality it's more like 11.30. And that's only if Rose has cranked up his private Lear jet in enough time to make it.

Last Tuesday night, when support act Rose Tattoo took to the stage in Brisbane at 8.30pm, the jet was still on the tarmac at Melbourne airport warming up its engines, tour insiders say.

The rest of the band was waiting patiently for him in Brisbane. They fly commercial; only Rose, as the sole original member of the Gunners, travels on the Lear.

Eventually he made it to Brisbane in the nick of time and strolled onto the stage at the Entertainment Centre at 11.45 to kick off the set.

But the punters in a town which generally goes to bed early were none too impressed. A flying can of soft drink -- bought earlier from the centre's Farnham or Torvill and Dean bars -- narrowly missed Rose 10 seconds into the opener Welcome To The Jungle.

"Is that what you want? You want a battle," Rose said, wiping the liquid from himself. "If you're going to act like that, then you know I don't have to be here."

Rose then proceeded to walk off stage in the middle of several songs, leaving the rest of the band to invent extended solos to cover his absence. Later one of them called it the worst gig of the tour.

But it didn't stop them partying in the dressing room till after 6am. The effects were obvious the next night when Rose told his fans, who paid up to $175 for tickets: "I just want a big truck to hit me".

[...]
(The full article, which contains information about the June 23 Sydney show and the part of it about the June 13 Adelaide show have been posted in the respective concert threads)
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down