APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1988.12.14 - Entertainment Centre, Melbourne, Australia

Go down

1988.12.14 - Entertainment Centre, Melbourne, Australia Empty 1988.12.14 - Entertainment Centre, Melbourne, Australia

Post by Soulmonster Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:17 pm

Date:
December 14, 1988.

Venue:
Entertainment Centre.

Setlist:
01. You're Crazy
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Move To The City
05. Out Ta Get Me
06. Patience
07. Rocket Queen
08. My Michelle
09. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
10. Welcome To The Jungle
11. Sweet Child O' Mine
12. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

Quotes:
Tours in Japan usually lead to Australia, and that's what ours did. Three days after Budokan we performed the first of two shows at the entertainment Center in Melbourne. It was a huge outdoor arena. The first performance was a sellout. The second was at about two-thirds capacity. I recall those shows fondly because I was able to hone my drum solo until it sounded really tight, light, and playful at first, and then very explosive. We never really planned stuff like that, and I think the solo just grew out of the middle of the song [Rocket Queen] where Duff slapped a cool bass riff and I followed with a flurry of drumming. No one broke back in, so I kept playing, and each performance I'd carve out a little more solo time [Steven's autobiography, "My Appetite for Destruction", 2010, p. 182]

1988.12.14 - Entertainment Centre, Melbourne, Australia Rightarrow Next concert: 1988.12.15.
1988.12.14 - Entertainment Centre, Melbourne, Australia Leftarrow Previous concert: 1988.12.10.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

1988.12.14 - Entertainment Centre, Melbourne, Australia Empty Re: 1988.12.14 - Entertainment Centre, Melbourne, Australia

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:03 am

Duff talking about coming to Australia for the first time:

And Australia, well the first time we came down and played there in like ’88, it’s so far away for an American, and pretty fuckin’ exotic, you know. It was big. For us, a 2000-seater and there was a guy and he had the cross from the album cover Appetite For Destruction, tattooed on his back. When I come to Australia I still remember that one guy, and it sorta signified to me the commitment of that country to our band. Whether that’s an unfair thing or not, but it did. It made me think, “These guys are fucking hardcore.”
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down