APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1991.07.11 - McNichols Sports Arena, Denver, USA

2 posters

Go down

1991.07.11 - McNichols Sports Arena, Denver, USA Empty 1991.07.11 - McNichols Sports Arena, Denver, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:15 am

Date:
July 11, 1991.

Venue:
McNichols Sports Arena.

Setlist:
01. You Could Be Mine
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Bad Obsession
04. Perfect Crime
05. Live And Let Die
06. Dust N' Bones
07. Patience
08. Rocket Queen
09. Civil War
10. November Rain
11. Welcome To The Jungle
12. Double Talkin' Jive
13. 14 Years
14. My Michelle
15. Knockin On Heaven's Door
16. Used To Love Her
17. Estranged
18. Pretty Tied Up
19. Sweet Child O' Mine
20. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass), Dizzy Reed (keyboards) and Matt Sorum (drums).

1991.07.11 - McNichols Sports Arena, Denver, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 1991.07.12.
1991.07.11 - McNichols Sports Arena, Denver, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 1991.07.09.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down

1991.07.11 - McNichols Sports Arena, Denver, USA Empty Re: 1991.07.11 - McNichols Sports Arena, Denver, USA

Post by Blackstar Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:28 pm

Review from Rocky Mountain News, July 12, 1991:

Justin Mitchell wrote:HYPE ASIDE, GUNS N' ROSES A HIT

With all the brouhaha preceding the Gun N' Roses appearance last night at McNichols Arena, one would've thought the Anti-Christ was headlining.

But after dire publicity about riots in St. Louis and a whiskey bottle lobbed at the band in Dallas, the Denver show featured more roses than guns. Security appeared only slightly tighter than usual, and the atmosphere was more ecstatic than edgy.

Yeah, the band's vocalist and focal point, Axl Rose, came close to blowing his stack a couple of times, but even his diatribes seemed somewhat tame considering the whole G N' R phenomenon has mutated into something beyond control or comprehension.

Five songs into the set, Rose interrupted (appropriately enough) Hell Gone Wild to have a guy in front thrown out for flipping the bird to Rose and the video cameras.

Other than that, how was the show? In the words of the typical fan: ''(Expletive) great!"

When Rose stops yapping and sings, and when Slash cuts loose with his virtuoso guitar work it's clear that, hype aside, Guns N' Roses is a top- flight working band.

The band began about 10 p.m., about an hour after Skid Row's 50-minute frantic, cliche-ridden set.

Opening with You Could Be Mine, from the Terminator 2 soundtrack and G N' R's upcoming two album releases, Use Your Illusion I and II the band slid effortlessly into the trance-dance shuffle of Mr. Brownstone. From there, it was into the blues-infected groove of Bad Obsession, featuring Slash on some stellar slide guitar.

Augmenting the band for this tour is former Boulderite Dizzy Reed on keyboards. Reed, who has gone from playing in grade-school and junior-high bands with names such as Hairy Bananas and Bootleg moved to L.A. about seven years ago after making his mark in Denver and Boulder with the Feds.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down

1991.07.11 - McNichols Sports Arena, Denver, USA Empty Re: 1991.07.11 - McNichols Sports Arena, Denver, USA

Post by Blackstar Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:33 pm

Blackstar wrote:Review from Rocky Mountain News, July 12, 1991:

Five songs into the set, Rose interrupted (appropriately enough) Hell Gone Wild to have a guy in front thrown out for flipping the bird to Rose and the video cameras.

LOL!
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:41 am

Preview from Colorado Springs Gazette on May 17, 1991, indicating that originally the band had originally intended to play at the amphitheatre Fiddler's Green:

1991.07.11 - McNichols Sports Arena, Denver, USA Colora14
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:33 am

One year before we wrote Mr. Brownstone – actually right after our friend West Arkeen went over to get high, walked out the door, fell onto the grass, woke up in an ambulance, got out of the hospital and called up Izzy, got high again, and wrote how fucked up that could be. This is a little number called “Bad Obsession” that will be on Use Your Illusion I.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down