APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

How to get off wheels that are stuck to the wheel rim

2 posters

Go down

How to get off wheels that are stuck to the wheel rim Empty How to get off wheels that are stuck to the wheel rim

Post by Soulmonster Sun May 13, 2012 4:02 pm

The bi-annual ritual of changing car wheels took place today. The winter wheels had to be taken off and the summer wheels on. This is a job that usually takes 30 minutes, but today I encountered a problem: One of the wheels was completely stuck to the wheel rim. I started using raw force trying to pry it off. When that didn't work I tried pouring boiling water at the point where the wheel is attached to the rim, but also without success. Then I found a nice, long piece of 4x2 wood and tried hammering it off from the other side of the car, but still without success but with plenty of irritation and swearing. Then I put the screws back on, but didn't tighten them completely. I then drove a few meters and braked all I could. A loud snap could be heard when the wheel came of the rim. I carefully backed back and could easily take off the wheel. It was a bit scary driving with the screws not properly tightened, but I guess there was no risk of the whole wheel coming off from just a short drive.

Before putting on the new wheel I cleaned the wheel rim and added plenty of copper paste. Hopefully I will not have this problem again.

I feel about 5 % more of a man now.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

How to get off wheels that are stuck to the wheel rim Empty Re: How to get off wheels that are stuck to the wheel rim

Post by Johan Tue May 15, 2012 10:57 am

I never changed tyres in winter... Razz

Although in our last 3 winters it would have been worthwhile!

But well done, sir! sfhaetdj
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7367

Back to top Go down

How to get off wheels that are stuck to the wheel rim Empty Re: How to get off wheels that are stuck to the wheel rim

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 15, 2012 10:59 am

I was very proud I love you
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down