APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.03.05 - NewTimes blog - Guns N' Roses Dizzy Reed Wants You Falling Out of the Rafters Tonight at the Fillmore

Go down

2012.03.05 - NewTimes blog - Guns N' Roses Dizzy Reed Wants You Falling Out of the Rafters Tonight at the Fillmore Empty 2012.03.05 - NewTimes blog - Guns N' Roses Dizzy Reed Wants You Falling Out of the Rafters Tonight at the Fillmore

Post by Soulmonster Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:46 am

Guns N' Roses Dizzy Reed Wants You Falling Out of the Rafters Tonight at the Fillmore

Besides Axl Rose, keyboardist Dizzy Reed has been with Guns N' Roses for the longest of any of the other bandmates. Since Use Your Illusion, Reed's been pounding the keys for this seminal rock and roll outlet.

As to what's changed over the years about the band besides the line up, Reed says jokingly, "Well, we've had several different presidents. We've gone to war a few different times." Then seriously, "I don't think the energy has changed. Obviously, the dynamic is going to change a little bit whenever someone comes or goes." He also says they've matured as musicians and people. Overall though, he feels the rock and roll GNR spirit remains strong.

Though they played the American Airlines Arena in October of last year, the band is back again for a much more intimate show at the Fillmore Miami Beach. Reed says, "Hopefully, they'll be falling out of the rafters." He's looking forward to the closer quarters of this different venue. "It's going to be more in your face."

At AAA there were some crazy pyrotechnics. In response to the question regarding whether  they'd have any of these in their Fillmore stage show, Reed says laughing, "I hope not! It's a bit of a stripped down show. But I think that's a great opportunity for people to see just how great the band really is."

Though Reed never attended a day in college, he belongs to both a fraternity and a sorority. Figure that one out. He's a Zeta Psi at Cornell since 2005, and in 1993 at Virginia Tech, he joined the group of girls. Fans of the band, they asked him to join. He says honestly, "I'm a proud member." Though a frat guy, Reed's not been much of a party animal. He's more of a dad. "I want to live a little bit longer and keep doing this as long as I can," he says.  

A prolific songwriter, he just began recording his own solo project which features instrumentals by the guys currently in GNR. Wisely, he said of his instrument of choice, "I figured out a long time ago, most people really don't want to hear keyboard solos." There will though be much key work and some great guitar playing on the album. "It's definitely well-rooted rock and roll," he notes, influenced by classic and roots rock. The tentative title is appropriately, Rock and Roll Ain't Easy. It isn't for most, but maybe for GNR it is.

Source: http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/countygrind/2012/03/guns_n_roses_dizzy_reed_fillmore_miami_beach.php
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down