APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1988.02.10 - Celebrity Theatre, Anaheim, USA

2 posters

Go down

1988.02.10 - Celebrity Theatre, Anaheim, USA Empty 1988.02.10 - Celebrity Theatre, Anaheim, USA

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 pm

February 10, 1988 - Celebrity Theatre, Anaheim, CA, USA
Date:
February 10, 1988.

Venue:
Celebrity Theatre.

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Move To The City
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Out Ta Get Me
05. Sweet Child O' Mine
06. My Michelle
07. Rocket Queen
08. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
09. Welcome to the Jungle
10. Nightrain
11. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

Quotes:
The Celebrity Theater in Anaheim, both shows, the second show especially because we were on top of it. We played better than I think we've ever played, and I don't know why. It just felt good, the people were into it, and it wasn't so much that we knew all the people in the crowd. Perkins Palace, the first couple shows were more that way. Anaheim was, like, the crowd we didn't really know. It was a crazy show and... we just felt good. We cranked it out for over two hours, and that means going over...

You're not really rehearsing on the road, you're just playing your set, and when you're an opening band you're only playing 45 minutes. Then you gotta remember how to play the other songs that you haven't played. We pulled a couple songs out of the hat, and did both versions of "You're Crazy." That was just really fun to do, cause it wasn't something we had done before, just pulling things out of the hat the way we did. I got a security guard thrown out of the building. The security guards were actually so rough that night, they lost the contract with the building... I liked that. Everything went real smoothly. We had good sound on stage, which is rare.
[Rock Scene Magazine, June 1988]

1988.02.10 - Celebrity Theatre, Anaheim, USA Pbucket Next concert: 1988.02.12
1988.02.10 - Celebrity Theatre, Anaheim, USA Pbucket Previous concert: 1988.02.09.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

1988.02.10 - Celebrity Theatre, Anaheim, USA Empty Re: 1988.02.10 - Celebrity Theatre, Anaheim, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Added a quote to this thread from @Blackstar 's new interview.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

1988.02.10 - Celebrity Theatre, Anaheim, USA Empty Re: 1988.02.10 - Celebrity Theatre, Anaheim, USA

Post by Blackstar Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:00 pm

Ad for the two Anaheim shows, L.A. Weekly, January 29, 1988:

1988.02.10 - Celebrity Theatre, Anaheim, USA 1988_071
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down