APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA

Go down

1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA Empty 1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Date:
September 13, 1987.

Venue:
Bronco Bowl Auditorium.

Location:
Dallas, USA.

Setlist:
(Unknown setlist)

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 1987.09.16.
1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 1987.09.12.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63761
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA Empty Re: 1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:35 pm

Duff, talking about life on the road and mentioning a show in Dallas which could be this or the December 4, 1987 show:

Duff: "It's gotten bad at times. In Dallas once we almost got arrested, and we had to pay like $3,000. We tore all the doors off our rooms, and there were a lot of local kids around" [The Burlington Hawk Eye, April 28, 1988].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63761
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA Empty Re: 1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA

Post by Blackstar on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:52 pm

@Soulmonster wrote:Duff, talking about life on the road and mentioning a show in Dallas which could be this or the December 4, 1987 show:

Duff: "It's gotten bad at times. In Dallas once we almost got arrested, and we had to pay like $3,000. We tore all the doors off our rooms, and there were a lot of local kids around" [The Burlington Hawk Eye, April 28, 1988].
Slash has mentioned this incident in his book:

Another time when we were in Dallas, Duff and I had adjoining rooms connected by a door and we invited over too many friends with piles of coke. Our party lasted all that night and well into the next afternoon. Things got out of hand, of course, and a big glass coffee table got smashed, and I walked all over it barefoot and bled everywhere. At some point someone kicked the dividing door off the hinges and tipped the beds over and smashed all of the lamps. There were too many of us behaving badly for Ronnie [=Stalnaker, Slash's security guy] to deal with, so he came up with a plan to get us out of the hotel without the management noticing. He somehow herded us into a service elevator and snuck us out of a loading dock and onto the bus. The hotel had heard all of the noise and was very aware of the party going on, but Ronnie had kept security out of there somehow for an hour or so. We thought we’d gotten away, until the cops pulled us over a few miles down the road at a convenience store where, if memory serves, I’d actually just stolen a bunch of candy.
We were lined up against the side of the bus and taken in for trashing the hotel rooms. It was expensive and I can say in all honesty that it was the last time I’ve ever really destroyed a hotel room. Sure, I’ve been through a couple of TV sets and done a few other stupid things since, but that was the last time I engaged in total annihilation because I got the bill for that one.
[Slash's autobiography, "Slash", 2007]
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Posts : 4188
Plectra : 28702
Reputation : 91
Join date : 2018-03-17

Back to top Go down

1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA Empty Re: 1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:53 pm

@Blackstar wrote:
@Soulmonster wrote:Duff, talking about life on the road and mentioning a show in Dallas which could be this or the December 4, 1987 show:

Duff: "It's gotten bad at times. In Dallas once we almost got arrested, and we had to pay like $3,000. We tore all the doors off our rooms, and there were a lot of local kids around" [The Burlington Hawk Eye, April 28, 1988].

Slash has mentioned this incident in his book:

Another time when we were in Dallas, Duff and I had adjoining rooms connected by a door and we invited over too many friends with piles of coke. Our party lasted all that night and well into the next afternoon. Things got out of hand, of course, and a big glass coffee table got smashed, and I walked all over it barefoot and bled everywhere. At some point someone kicked the dividing door off the hinges and tipped the beds over and smashed all of the lamps. There were too many of us behaving badly for Ronnie [=Stalnaker, Slash's security guy] to deal with, so he came up with a plan to get us out of the hotel without the management noticing. He somehow herded us into a service elevator and snuck us out of a loading dock and onto the bus. The hotel had heard all of the noise and was very aware of the party going on, but Ronnie had kept security out of there somehow for an hour or so. We thought we’d gotten away, until the cops pulled us over a few miles down the road at a convenience store where, if memory serves, I’d actually just stolen a bunch of candy.
We were lined up against the side of the bus and taken in for trashing the hotel rooms. It was expensive and I can say in all honesty that it was the last time I’ve ever really destroyed a hotel room. Sure, I’ve been through a couple of TV sets and done a few other stupid things since, but that was the last time I engaged in total annihilation because I got the bill for that one.
[Slash's autobiography, "Slash", 2007]

Does Slash state whether this happened in Dallas on their show in September or their show in December?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63761
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA Empty Re: 1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA

Post by Blackstar on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:54 pm

No, he doesn't.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Posts : 4188
Plectra : 28702
Reputation : 91
Join date : 2018-03-17

Back to top Go down

1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA Empty Re: 1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:02 pm

@Blackstar wrote:No, he doesn't.

Another mystery! Doh!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63761
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA Empty Re: 1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:40 am

The people who are on the road with me really think I'm an asshole. Actually, I think I'm hell on tour. I cost them a lot of money because of all the damage I do wherever I go; clubs, hotels, underage girls... Not long ago, in Dallas, we got kicked out because we fucked up too much. Now hard rock bands have been banned from playing there. Even Def Leppard couldn’t go.
Hard Force [French], October 8, 1987; translated from French
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63761
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA Empty Re: 1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:41 am

Since Slash talks about the Dallas incident in an interview from October (see above), we can conclude it was the September Dallas show and not the December Dallas show.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63761
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA Empty Re: 1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:09 pm

I wonder what that reference to "underage girls" is about.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63761
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA Empty Re: 1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA

Post by Blackstar on Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:30 pm

@Soulmonster wrote:I wonder what that reference to "underage girls" is about.
Yes, I wondered about this, too.

I would guess (provided that the French translation is accurate) that probably Slash had sex with underage girls and then management had to pay off the parents or something to keep him out of legal trouble.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Posts : 4188
Plectra : 28702
Reputation : 91
Join date : 2018-03-17

Back to top Go down

1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA Empty Re: 1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA

Post by Soulmonster on Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:29 pm

@Blackstar wrote:
@Soulmonster wrote:I wonder what that reference to "underage girls" is about.

Yes, I wondered about this, too.

I would guess (provided that the French translation is accurate) that probably Slash had sex with underage girls and then management had to pay off the parents or something to keep him out of legal trouble.

Yes, that's the obvious conclusion. It could also, possibly, be connected to the rape charge from Hollywood, although Slash does indicate that the underage girls was a thing from the tour.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63761
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA Empty Re: 1987.09.13 - Bronco Bowl Auditorium, Dallas, USA

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum