APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1986.07.24 - Club Lingerie, Los Angeles, USA

2 posters

Go down

1986.07.24 - Club Lingerie, Los Angeles, USA Empty 1986.07.24 - Club Lingerie, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Date:
July 24, 1986.

Venue:
Club Lingerie.

Setlist:
01. Out Ta Get Me
02. Welcome to the Jungle
03. Think About You
04. Nightrain
05. My Michelle
06. Move to the City
07. Don't Cry
08. Paradise City
09. Mama Kin
10. Nice Boys

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

Notes:
Under the moniker "Fargin Bastygenz". Axl quitted the band before the concert, and was fired, too, but Tom Zutaut got them all back again.

1986.07.24 - Club Lingerie, Los Angeles, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 1986.07.31.
1986.07.24 - Club Lingerie, Los Angeles, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 1986.07.21.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76744

Back to top Go down

1986.07.24 - Club Lingerie, Los Angeles, USA Empty Re: 1986.07.24 - Club Lingerie, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Blackstar Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:12 pm

The band members talked about this show in an interview with L.A. Rocks, August 22, 1986:

Kelli: Did you actually break up briefly before your show at the Lingerie?

Slash: No, we didn’t break up, we just had a long talk; sorted out a lot of shit.

Axl: There was a conflict of a lot of things and a lot of disagreements at the time of that show. I thought it was one of the worst shows we ever played. But the next day, we had to have it out. A lot of things went to our heads because this is all new to us. If we did break up, who else are we going to play with that we really value as much as we value each other?

Duff: We’re not the most relaxed guys. We’re not Mr. Mister, ya know. We live what we’re doing. We don’t just wear these clothes just when we play shows. So things like this are bound to happen. We think for ourselves and we don’t lit so and so tell us what to do.

Slash: We’re a very tense bunch of people when you really get down to it.

Axl: We’re very explosive, and that gets put into our music. Every one of us here is an individual. After the Lingerie show, it was like starting over again. Most of us have worked together off and on. For over 3 years, we’ve exploded on each other many times, and we always come back.

Duff: Basically, I think every band in the world has done this, but since we’ve become more in the public eye, it gets blown out of proportion.

Izzy: I think the music alone, it’ll propel this band to where we want [it] to go.

Duff: That’s basically what it’s all about.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87993

Back to top Go down

1986.07.24 - Club Lingerie, Los Angeles, USA Empty Re: 1986.07.24 - Club Lingerie, Los Angeles, USA

Post by Blackstar Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:48 pm

Los Angeles Times, July 20, 1986:

1986.07.24 - Club Lingerie, Los Angeles, USA 1986_015
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:26 am

Ad in L.A. Weekly, July 18, 1986:

1986.07.24 - Club Lingerie, Los Angeles, USA 1986_035
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:27 pm

According to Brendan Muller, former owner, L.A. punk rock club the Masque:

"I booked GN'R at Club Lingerie. It was a chance-of-a-lifetime gig. The band set up and did a sound-check. No Axl. The band was freaking. Then, ten minutes before set time, he strolled in. They signed with Geffen immediately after" [Spin, July 1999].

This is not entirely correct, the band had been signed to Geffen months before this show.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:13 pm

In the summer of 1986, when playing in the band Johnny and the Jaguars (under the name of "Dizzy Zin" [L.A. Weekly, October 30, 1986], Dizzy got in a serious car accident and injured his hand:

A friend of mine is a keyboardist in a band called Johnny and the Jaguars and got in a car wreck and smashed his fucking hand. We want to dedicate this next song to him, because he is our bro. This song is called "Nightrain." This is for you Dizzy.

Dizzy would later be asked if Axl was indeed referring to Dizzy in this dedication:

Yea... I think they just signed a deal with Live like a suicide and were touring and wanted to add a keyboard player too. And my band- we were doing a little tour then around the southwest and I broke my hand in a car accident... so around that time... because nightrain was my favorite G'n'R song at the time... Axl dedicated the song to me at that concert.

So I went to the show, that was one of the shows I was supposed to play, a place called The Music... What was that? Music Machine? No. A place up on Sunset. My memory escapes me. It was a famous place. But anyway, I went to that show that I was supposed to play at, I was in the cast and there's a a recording somewhere of Axl going on, "This next song goes out to Dizzy," and it was Nightrain, I think.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down