APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Tommy: A lot of the songs we did that weren't on Chinese Democracy may be redone and put on the next album. Unsure yet.

3 posters

Go down

Tommy: A lot of the songs we did that weren't on Chinese Democracy may be redone and put on the next album. Unsure yet. Empty Tommy: A lot of the songs we did that weren't on Chinese Democracy may be redone and put on the next album. Unsure yet.

Post by Soulmonster Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:59 am

My question: Is it possible to release album with old unheard songs while we wait for you to record and release new stuff?

Tommy's answer: A lot of the songs we did that weren't on Chinese Democracy may be redone and put on the next album. Unsure yet.

So, no twin album ready for release immediately. The best we can hope for now is an album coming as a result of either writing and recording completely new material or an album with re-recorded old songs that we haven't heard before.

That's a shame. But good to at least know the situation.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76731

Back to top Go down

Tommy: A lot of the songs we did that weren't on Chinese Democracy may be redone and put on the next album. Unsure yet. Empty Re: Tommy: A lot of the songs we did that weren't on Chinese Democracy may be redone and put on the next album. Unsure yet.

Post by Soulmonster Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:54 pm

mackarillo mack arillo
@tommy_stinson So we're literally never getting another album? Boo! Hiss!
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

tommy_stinson Tommy Stinson
@mackarillo Don't worry, Chinese tour will eventually stop and new material WILL be out

I like that confidence from Tommy U rock
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Tommy: A lot of the songs we did that weren't on Chinese Democracy may be redone and put on the next album. Unsure yet. Empty Re: Tommy: A lot of the songs we did that weren't on Chinese Democracy may be redone and put on the next album. Unsure yet.

Post by 666 Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:46 am

Redone?

Why the fuck? Just to get Ashba, Ron and Ferrer on them?

Just release the shit as is.

Plectra : 5402

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:36 am

More from Tommy (from the recent RS article):

"We certainly did record a lot of stuff. We recorded three records worth of material over the course of that 10-year period, but I think that a lot of the unfinished bits were mostly lyrics and mixes and things like that." Might another record be in the works? "I'm not a liberty to talk about that. I don't get into that aspect. That's Axl's business."

So, maybe the case isn't as clear cut as it seemed. Maybe there are material ready to be released.

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-launching-american-tour-in-october-20110909
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seely Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:54 am

Eugh, they just need to release the fucking thing. Get it out of the way, tour it alongside the dates this fall, then get the fuck back in the studio to write songs afresh.

My worry is that Bumblefoot will go the way of Bucket and Robin and eventually leave out of frustration.
seely
seely

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 5179

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:35 pm

I couldn't agree more. The thought of a new prolonged period of re-recording and tinkering with old songs is awful. I want GN'R to be a band for the future, not for the past. Create and release music, you slubbards!!!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down