APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2020.04-05.DD - GN'R Reddit - Fernando Lebeis responds to fans asking for updates

Go down

2020.04-05.DD - GN'R Reddit - Fernando Lebeis responds to fans asking for updates Empty 2020.04-05.DD - GN'R Reddit - Fernando Lebeis responds to fans asking for updates

Post by Blackstar Mon 29 Apr 2024 - 2:30

Deleted user
Fernando please update us on the album
[Deleted OP]

[Deleted comments]

flebeis (April 18) [now deleted comment]
It’s coming along. This pandemic and the moving of our dates and the replanning of our 2020 year took priority here. I know it’s a long ask, but we are close.

[Deleted comments]

Rtgc22
They are incredibly arrogant, and condescending to fans.

flebeis (April 18)
No we aren’t, it’s just that your type of thinking and abusive writing is what keeps me and people within our camp away from communities you and others alike belong to.
Sorry but gets tiring reading hate after hate. Regardless of how you feel your thinking is right and justified it’s boring.

Rtgc22
You definitely do come across as condescending, but whatever. You and the camp wouldn't get nearly as much "hate" if you'd bother to communicate with fans every once in a while.
Maybe a good place to start would be letting people know you're working on refunds and re-scheduling dates for the upcoming concerts that are obviously not gonna happen. Maybe an update on new music. Is Hardschool going to be the lead single? Will they play any other new songs on the upcoming leg? (*Actual new songs, not just Pretty Tied Up and Think About You, which are cool but not as cool as previously unheard music)
But instead, the bands official pages are full of AFD imagery and cheap animations. Maybe 10 seconds of a live song every few months. Talk about "boring".

flebeis (April 18)
I still don’t understand how I come across as condescending; is it because I choose sarcastic responses to idiotic comments or questions?
I have been working with LN and other promoters on what programs are available for how to deal with tickets sold etc. not sure if you read the Ticketmaster press release this week stating the current state of affairs. If you haven’t, take a read. It’s what we been working on.
These are unprecedented times unfortunately and we are working on making sure our crew members are taken cared of, the band is doing what it can during the quarantine and how to address the public / yourself with the best course of action.
We are close and we will continue to work on it.
Email info@teambrazil.com with ideas and contests you would like to see and let’s work together on try to amend the gap between the band and the fans. We have a social media / official channels that we can incorporate the ideas you are suggesting in a condescending tone above.

Alphaville15
Good to hear. But why hasn't any of this been posted on the band's social media? This is where most fans go to be informed, and the official social media give the impression that the band and the management don't care as they just continue posting the "usual" like nothing has changed.

flebeis (April 19)
Because Ticketmaster and partners are still looking for the best way to remedy the situation.
It’s pretty apparent that things have changed. But you are right. Let me get together with social media team and reassess our posting ways.

BatmanFetish
The biggest driver of the band and fan gap is the constant shutting down of any bootlegged material. The stuff is out there, it still gets spread, why make it harder for the fans who just want to hear the band perform?

flebeis (April 19)
Need to figure out a way to bridge that gap.
But again, the shutdowns you are likely referring to were done without GNR’s knowledge or direction.
All up for ideas.

[...]

flebeis (April 20)
All great ideas.
Some already in the works and some worth writing down.
Keep’em coming.

Rtgc22
How about uploading 1 live song to youtube every week while we're all under quarantine? It could be something from the past or it could be a "quarantine session" like the Rolling Stones just did. We could use some "patience" at a time like this...
(And don't forget about the Chinese Democracy era fans, we'd love to hear shows like Universal City 2006 or Bucharest 2010, for example, from a high-quality official source)
edit: also, I was a dick to you yesterday, and I apologize for that. I do think it's cool that you're responding and taking ideas from fans. So, thanks for that.

flebeis (May 7)
Working this, it’s in motion.

flebeis (May 7)
Update, working on footage of concerts we have played and make them available on YouTube. Sorry for the delay though.

GimpyHewitt
Thank you Fernando, something to smile about would be amazing during this depressing time!

flebeis (May 8)
Yes, it would! However it should of already been done and available. We will get there.

SuckertrainReds
Fernando why are you using Reddit to communicate this with fans? Hardly anyone uses it. Why not Facebook, Twitter, IG or the official Fanclub Nightrain?

flebeis (May 8)
Because these are initial steps with a smaller circle of fans that we can digest ideas a bit more efficiently.
Once it’s concrete and the plan is ready for execution, social media platforms will deliver the message to the masses.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/g3p9df/fernando_please_update_us_on_the_album/?sort=old

Last edited by Blackstar on Mon 29 Apr 2024 - 18:59; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down

2020.04-05.DD - GN'R Reddit - Fernando Lebeis responds to fans asking for updates Empty Re: 2020.04-05.DD - GN'R Reddit - Fernando Lebeis responds to fans asking for updates

Post by Blackstar Mon 29 Apr 2024 - 2:30

And in another thread (May 8, 2020)
----------------------------------------------

moondanceonneptune
Fernando are you guys still planning on playing SA in November? The media keeps saying no concerts until 2021.

flebeis
As of now, yes. However due to what’s been happening in the world, it’s unfortunately unknown when everything is going to be “contained” and our lives back to some sort of normalcy. We are working with LN to come to the best solution and an announcement soon.
If rescheduled, we are forward thinking and going through new routing changes whilst considering availability. Lots of rescheduling happening for 2021 as a precaution of what’s unknown in 2020.
Sucks I don’t have a definite update or one you would prefer, but it’s the only one I have.
Our partners are working on the above and I am told we should hear something soon.
While in the meantime, as I said on another post that we are working on giving the fans long waited video material that should of rightfully been available to the base already. (Live videos and/or photos, etc...)

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/gfehd0/not_the_hero_we_need_but_the_hero_we_deserve/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down