APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2017.01.26 - Good Day L.A. (KTTV) - Interview with Steven and Deanna Adler

Go down

2017.01.26 - Good Day L.A. (KTTV) - Interview with Steven and Deanna Adler Empty 2017.01.26 - Good Day L.A. (KTTV) - Interview with Steven and Deanna Adler

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:40 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87543

Back to top Go down

2017.01.26 - Good Day L.A. (KTTV) - Interview with Steven and Deanna Adler Empty Re: 2017.01.26 - Good Day L.A. (KTTV) - Interview with Steven and Deanna Adler

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:44 am

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
-------------------------------------

Former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler and his mother, Deanna Adler recently appeared on "Good Day LA", the morning television news and entertainment program airing on KTTV, a Fox owned-and-operated television station in Los Angeles, California. They discussed Deanna's long-awaited tell-all book, "Sweet Child Of Mine: How I Lost My Son To Guns N' Roses" (formerly "No Bed Of Roses"),which came out on January 24 via Monarch Publishing, LLC. [...]

Speaking about the difficult time his mother had controlling him during his childhood years, Steven told "Good Day LA": "She didn't lose me to rock and roll. She lost me because I was a drug addict, and I was a rebel, and anything that… Most kids are this way — if your parents tell you to do something, you do the complete opposite. So when she would tell to go to bed at nine o'clock, I'd go to bed, but I'd open my window and I'd go out and I'd go to the arcade and I'd hang out with my friends and with girls. I always did what I wanted to do."

He continued: "At the beginning, she was very helpful. She would do the band's laundry, she would bring us food… She was like a band mom. She was really wonderful and she was really great. And every morning, there was breakfast, she had lunch for us, every night [at] six o'clock there was dinner. So I had a great childhood. I just wanted to do what I wanted to do. I was twelve, thirteen years old, but I thought — like most kids do — you think you're twenty-one."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-my-mother-didnt-lose-me-to-rock-and-roll-she-lost-me-because-i-was-a-drug-addict
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87543

Back to top Go down