APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.07.03 - Velvet Revolver "Tierra Roja, Sangre Roja" DVD (Slash, Duff, Matt)

Go down

2007.07.03 - Velvet Revolver "Tierra Roja, Sangre Roja" DVD (Slash, Duff, Matt) Empty 2007.07.03 - Velvet Revolver "Tierra Roja, Sangre Roja" DVD (Slash, Duff, Matt)

Post by Blackstar Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:37 am

This documentary, which contains live and behind the scenes footage from Velvet Revolver's South American tour in 2007, was included in the limited/deluxe edition of Libertad.

Transcript of the interviews:
----------------------------------

[Footage]

Weiland: So it’s kind of an honor for us to be able to come down here for the very first leg of our world tour to support this album.

Slash: It just seemed appropriate to come out and get in front of an audience that’s not jaded, to get in front of an audience just passionate about music and passionate about having a good time. And we figured that would be a cool way to kick the whole thing off, because this is the best audiences in the world.

Weiland: They’re insane, very passionate and completely insane about rock ‘n’ roll.

Matt: Fans are great. I mean, they’ve been hanging out in front of the hotel and, you know, want an autograph or two, but… They’re very passionate people here in South America.

Slash: It makes us play that much better. And it’s sort of - the communication between the band and the audience, it’s so pure, you know?

[Footage]

Weiland: I wanted to say that there’s a common misconception about - what people think about – life on the road. People just think it’s this big, you know, crazy party that just never stops. And, you know, when you’re out on the road you’re playing five nights a week, and you’re traveling, then you’re doing two-hour shows; and if you’re partying and not sleeping, you’d have a real hard time performing every single night.

[Footage]

Duff: I chose to go home earlier than everybody else from Argentina back to L.A. so to see my kids. So I’m gonna fly tomorrow at 5:15 in the morning and the flight is to Sao Paulo and then flight to Miami. Then I’ll get fucking reamed by American Customs like I always do, because have a red flag on my passport, so I just bend over, drop trou.. it’s awesome (laughs). It’s like, I got that to look forward to, you know, being totally fatigued from flying, the gig and no sleep: dropping the trou…And then I’ll be home.    

[Footage]

Matt: I’m smoking a legal Cuban cigar right now, because we’re in Brazil (laughs).

[Footage]

Kushner: There was this crazy thunderstorm going on. There was hell. The van we were in has now got stuck. We had to get a different van. Shit was crazy (laughs).

[Footage]

Matt: The weather is warm, we can feel the sex in the air.

[Footage of the band with Joe Perry – other behind the scenes footage]

Matt: We’re getting ready to do a big rock show.

[Live footage]
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87543

Back to top Go down