APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2005.02.DD - VH1 Australia - Interview with Slash and Duff

Go down

2005.02.DD - VH1 Australia - Interview with Slash and Duff Empty 2005.02.DD - VH1 Australia - Interview with Slash and Duff

Post by Blackstar Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:27 am

Transcript:
----------------

Slash: We were at Canter's, which is a friend of mine’s restaurant, and I just had a bottle of vodka stuck in my jacket, and we went up to the bathroom, hung out there and talked shop. And then we sort of put a band together for a little bit and we couldn't find, as usual, a singer, and it finally disbanded. And then he hooked up with Izzy.

Duff: Izzy moved across the street.

Slash: Just across the street from him. And somehow, one way or another, we just all ended up
together at that point. And then years went by after Guns split up, and we just kept in touch.

[Clip]

Slash: Some very brave, interesting, unique women scraped us up off the ground (laughs).

Duff: My wife gave me the most beautiful gifts in my life, my two daughters, and we've been through a lot together, you know?

Interviewer: Yeah.

Duff: I mean, like, I got sober and I met her after that, and we moved back to Seattle, I went to
school and I was just a normal guy, cut off all my hair, and she just loved me for me.

Interviewer: What are your kids (?) your rock ‘n’ roll?

Duff: They see how hard work it is. It's not like, you know, people look at this thing externally and think, like, rockstar and glamorous life and blah-blah-blah. But if you're in the middle of it and touring, and the kids see that, it's a bunch of work.

Interviewer: Yeah.

Duff: You’re doing interviews, you know, you're going to the gym, you're traveling, you're doing sound check, doing more interviews, you're doing the gig, you're traveling again…

Slash: It definitely doesn't look like fun.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87543

Back to top Go down

2005.02.DD - VH1 Australia - Interview with Slash and Duff Empty Re: 2005.02.DD - VH1 Australia - Interview with Slash and Duff

Post by Blackstar Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:28 am

Obviously this is not the full interview.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87543

Back to top Go down