APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2004.09.07 - French TV - Interview with Velvet Revolver (Slash, Matt, Weiland)

2 posters

Go down

2004.09.07 - French TV - Interview with Velvet Revolver (Slash, Matt, Weiland) Empty 2004.09.07 - French TV - Interview with Velvet Revolver (Slash, Matt, Weiland)

Post by Blackstar Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:28 pm

Matt: Most of the album is a pretty aggressive rocking album – you know, we've got a couple ballads but… It makes for a great live performance.

[Live footage]

Slash: I mean, for the most part we've recorded it pretty old-fashioned, you know, pretty old school style recording. I was actually surprised by the time the mix was done that it sounded more or less, as you put it, modern and contemporary considering the approach that we used to do it. So I guess that's maybe just because we've been doing this for a long time and we actually have grown as musicians and whatnot, and as writers. And so it sounds the way that it sounds because that's what we sound like, not because someone else tried to make a sound like that.

[Live footage]

Weiland: It's a combination of sex and violence, and it's an explosion. You know, it's kind of like if you have a marble in your hand and you drop it, and once the marble hits the ground it's like a minor nuclear explosion and within the marble is all of that energy.

[Live footage]

Slash: As far as my musical dream having to do with… just in general, it’s basically just to have this thing last as long as, say, I don't know, any small handful of bands that have managed to last for decades.

[Live footage – Weiland: We’re Velvet Revolver we play motherfuckin’ rock ‘n’ roll.]
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

Back to top Go down

2004.09.07 - French TV - Interview with Velvet Revolver (Slash, Matt, Weiland) Empty Re: 2004.09.07 - French TV - Interview with Velvet Revolver (Slash, Matt, Weiland)

Post by whatashame Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:23 pm

I was on that show, first row, center stage. It was Bataclan, the same venue where the Eagles of Death Metal shooting took place.

Fuckin fenomenal. After the show Izzy was outside givin out autographs. He was standing behind the fence. It was still daylight so now I don't really remember if it was pre or after the show, but he was separated from the rest of the band.

Short time after the show Perla, Slash's then-wife, was standing behind the same fence (waist-high), talking to fans, dancing, she was wild and loud.

Some time later a white van pulled up, and she went inside. Duff and Susan went straight from the venue to the van too.

Slash arrived next, all showered and fresh, drinkin Heineken and givin out autographs. People went wild and Slash kept shouting that their kids are sleepin in a van and unless people get quiet, he'll leave. They didn't get quiet and so he left and the van left too.

Everybody left too, but after half an hour or so I came back to the back alley behind the club again, to take one more look at it. I saw Adam Day, the guitar tech, and he gave me a couple of guitar picks, and then Matt showed up with Ace. They spent a long time talking to anybody, no fences, no security, nothing. Taking pictures, holding hands with fans, kissing, hugging. Matt was super friendly. He smoked a fat cigar and looked badass. It was awesome.
whatashame
whatashame

Plectra : 2607

Soulmonster and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down