APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1998.MM.DD - Matt Sorum: Drum Licks+Kicks From The Rock+Roll Jungle (instruction video) - Interviews (Slash, Duff)

Go down

1998.MM.DD - Matt Sorum: Drum Licks+Kicks From The Rock+Roll Jungle (instruction video) - Interviews (Slash, Duff) Empty 1998.MM.DD - Matt Sorum: Drum Licks+Kicks From The Rock+Roll Jungle (instruction video) - Interviews (Slash, Duff)

Post by Blackstar Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:18 am

Slash: He’s such a physically dynamic drummer, that his whole body is so into it that he’s entertaining to watch as well as to listen to him play.

Duff: Yeah.

Slash: It’s just a given.

Duff: That’s right. As a bass player, I mean, as soon as Matt joined the band, he made me improve immediately. And anything I’ve done with him, like Neurotic Outsiders playing guitar, he made me a better guitar player, just because his chops are so precise and you don’t have to, like, wait for him to follow into something.

Slash: Matt’s one of the greatest drummers I’ve ever actually seen, let alone have played with. It’s simple as that. That’s how we ended up with… you know, when we first met. Because we saw him on stage one night playing with another band.

Duff: Yeah, we saw Matt at the Amphitheater playing with The Cult, and me and Slash went…

Slash: We were just like, “Why can’t we get a drummer like that?”

Duff: We did.

(Laughter)

Matt: Hey, thanks for watching my video. I hope you enjoyed it and just remember, this is my interpretation of how to play the drums and everybody does it differently, so if I could have taught you something on this video, one little thing, that’s important. So take it from all kinds of drummers, listen to a lot of different styles of music, and good luck and get out there and play. See you.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down