APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.03.10 - Music Legends - Interview with Bumblefoot

Go down

2015.03.10 - Music Legends - Interview with Bumblefoot Empty 2015.03.10 - Music Legends - Interview with Bumblefoot

Post by Blackstar Fri May 27, 2022 4:18 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

2015.03.10 - Music Legends - Interview with Bumblefoot Empty Re: 2015.03.10 - Music Legends - Interview with Bumblefoot

Post by Blackstar Fri May 27, 2022 4:20 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
-------------------------------------

On March 10, Jason Saulnier of Music Legends conducted an interview with Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below.

Speaking about how long it took for him to complete his recently released tenth CD, titled "Little Brother Is Watching", Thal said: "Really, it was not that long. It flowed pretty well from the point that I really started doing it."

He continued: "I started writing songs specifically knowing that it was time to make a new album — which it's been time for a long time, it's just I felt like it was reaching the point where I couldn't wait any longer. It was, like, that point when you're holding your breath under water, where either you need to pop up for air or you're gonna inhale water. It was at that point. It was, like, I need to do this now or I'm just gonna suffocate. I cannot go any longer without having my creative juices flow. It was always so many tours you can do. And it was the end of December 2013, and I just started… I had a few song ideas that I was holding off on, just the start of them, but I was leaving them open for possibly doing them with Guns or doing them with people I was producing. And, finally, I just said, 'All right, let me just move forward with this.' And I started finishing those songs, and writing new songs, and started tracking right in between tours. I finished a South American tour, and jumped in the studio with Dennis Leeflang, the drummer, and we recorded half the album. Then I did another tour, [I was] home for three days, and then we did another tour — that 'Guitar Gods' tour with Yngwie. And then I got back and finished the rest of the drums and then kind of took it easy, travel-wise, for the rest of last year and just really focused and kept momentum and finished the album."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-bumblefoot-couldnt-wait-any-longer-to-release-new-solo-album
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down