APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2014.04.28 - Kerrang! via Blabbermouth - Interview with Slash

Go down

2014.04.28 - Kerrang! via Blabbermouth - Interview with Slash Empty 2014.04.28 - Kerrang! via Blabbermouth - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:05 am

Slash and his backing band, Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators, have finished recording the third album to be released under the Slash solo banner. A total of 17 songs, including one instrumental, were laid down for the follow-up to 2012's "Apocalyptic Love". Slash told U.K.'s Kerrang! magazine about the record: "Y'know, all I can tell you is that it's a really fucking great record. I'm very proud of it, but I don't want to get into, Oh, dude, it's epic,' or, 'It's the heaviest thing ever.' It's very rock and roll, and, as always, it's very diverse in feel, and I'm just super, super proud of everything that we collectively put into making the thing. It's just going to be a bitchin' record."

Regarding whether he and his bandmates have grown together as musicians and friends, Slash said: "The band has become so synergetic. I showed the music to the guys, and what they wrote flowed immediately. I was really amazed at how, from the second we started pre-production up 'till now, the record just flowed. It's rare that it happens like that. We always go into the studio to make a good album, but when you seem to be carried by an energy other than your own, you just go with it."

Slash also spoke about the recording process for the new album saying: "It's definitely a progression. We did this record to tape, and I've been recording to tape forever. I've only done Velvet Revolver records to Pro Tools, and I can't stand that sort of digital approach to recording drums and guitars and stuff. My first solo record was to tape, and with 'Apocalyptic Love', we decided to go in and just do it live. That was one of those record that, when you listen to it, everything sounds a certain way because we recorded it in the moment."

He continued: "I wanted to do a more produced album, where we go in and play everything live, and then we overdub the guitars. I overdubbed all of them using all the live tracks. I just wanted to get more of a dense sound and whatnot, and be able to put some overdubs on it to make things more interesting or harmonize or whatever it was. So this is more of a produced record, and that's the main progression, in my mind."

The new disc is tentatively due in September.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-on-his-new-album-its-just-going-to-be-a-bitchin-record
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down

2014.04.28 - Kerrang! via Blabbermouth - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 2014.04.28 - Kerrang! via Blabbermouth - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:07 am

Another quote via Music News:
-------------------------------------

While he feels confident about recording process, Slash still hasn’t come up with a title for the album. He wants the name to fit the sound of their music perfectly before settling on a choice.

“I’m still trying to figure out what it’s gonna be! I’m still trying to figure out what the f**king artwork is gonna be, too,” he laughed. “I’m very conscious of that, and just trying to figure what would best represent the record as a title and what the image for that should be.”

https://www.music-news.com/news/UK/78891/Read
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down