APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2013.08.12 - Daily-Rock Quebec - Interview with DJ

Go down

2013.08.12 - Daily-Rock Quebec - Interview with DJ Empty 2013.08.12 - Daily-Rock Quebec - Interview with DJ

Post by Blackstar Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:48 am

Well-known for being the guitarist of one of the most famous bands on the planet, DJ Ashba took some time to answer Daily-Rock Quebec. Let’s go straight to sunny California, USA. 
No, not by plane. Just over the phone!

Interview : Marine Lardennois

DR: Hi DJ, how are you?

DA: Hi! Well I’m good, thank you.

DR: Okay, let’s start this! You guys are going to be in Montreal on Sunday. What are you the most excited about in general in Canada?

DA: The Canadians have always been so passionate about what we do and the crowds are always awesome and out of control. We are really looking forward to coming over and throwing some big parties!

DR: While in Canada, will you take some time to travel around, explore the country?

DA: Well, it’ll be more like meeting as many people as I can, you know, that’s really important to me. We live for the fans! I try to get out, say hi and shake hands.

DR: ‘’Hey Canada, here’s some trouble’’ with the hashtag #ConquertheWorld on Twitter. Conquer, really?

DA: Yes! The entire world! But you know, Twitter is important, I try to get on often and talk to the fans as much as I can. I don’t have that much free time but well, when I can take some, I like to reply to the fans. Their support really means the world to me and to the band. We got the greatest fans out there and without them, you know, we are nothing!

DR: What are your feelings right now, thinking about coming to Canada?

DA: We are really focused and excited about coming to Canada, play for everybody and just putting on the best shows. We approach every show as a brand new one and we always keep in mind that people spend a lot of money to come and see us, so we really give 300% on stage! And it’s exciting, you know, my bags are packed already!

DR: When you are creating new music or have some inspiration coming in, how do you decide for which band that inspiration goes to?

DA: You know, I’m a songwriter, also a producer so I really study the style and I eat, sleep and breathe that style or that band while I am writing for that band. For me, Sixx:A.M. and Guns N' Roses work two completely separate worlds.

It’s easy for me to separate my brain, it’s like painting black and white versus colors. There’s no Guns N' Roses’ song that will ever sound like a Sixx:A.M. song and vice versa.

DR: How do you manage to make your brain work for both music and art?

DA: You know, it comes from my heart. I don’t watch what other people are doing, there is no bulls*it with me. Not everything I do succeeds but the greatest thing about failure is that you can start over, with more intelligence.

DR: Since you are basically multitasking all the time, do you have some tips? How do you that?

DA: Well, I have a great group of people that surrounds me and works for me. We have a lot of projects going on; we have the clothing line, Ash Media, Cirque du Soleil… I love to work, that’s my passion. Everyday, I’m a creator, I love to create, you know. Half of my brain is music, the other is art so when I get on tour, it’s nice to do something creative that has nothing to do with music.

DR: Talking about creativity, how would you describe your projects? Do you put a lot of passion into them?

DA: I really do. You know, it doesn’t matter if it gives you money…none of that matters! I don’t need the money from the clothes, it’s just about creating stuff that people enjoy wearing and that’s something I’m very proud of it. When I see a fan wearing a t-shirt from the collection, that’s winning. Knowing that this t-shirt has come from a little sparkle in my mind, that’s awesome… There is no money that can buy that! Whatever I put my stamp on, I really do care about the quality, high quality that people enjoy.

DR: What is the best thing about being you, DJ Ashba?

DA: Honestly…when I lay down at night, I’m just proud. I made a lot of mistakes but always did things from my heart but I don’t regret any of the mistakes I have made. I have a very blessed life and I pinch myself everyday that I’m in one of the greatest bands in the world. I take a few steps forward and try to be a good person.

DR: Final thoughts….?

DA: There is no dream too big to achieve, you know…you just have to work hard to get it! Keep your friends, your family and your fans as close to you as possible because at the end of the end, that’s what really matters, the material things don’t. You work hard, play hard but there’s no amount of money that can bring a smile on our fans’ face. We are going to give 300% to you guys… Montreal, be ready!

http://www.daily-rock.ca/interview-de-dj-ashba-guns-nroses-sixxa-m/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87993

Back to top Go down