APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.04.14 - Artisan News - Interview with Matt

Go down

2012.04.14 - Artisan News - Interview with Matt Empty 2012.04.14 - Artisan News - Interview with Matt

Post by Blackstar Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:39 pm

Voice-over: Former Guns N’ Roses drummer Matt Sorum has said that he will be at the Rock and Roll of Fame and he also said that perhaps Axl might have been at the Rock Hall had a few phone calls been made from former mates. Sorum came from the Cult to play with Guns N’ Roses in 1990 and he appeared on the Use Your Illusion I and II albums. He was gone in 1997 though remains a part of the golden age of the band. Sorum said that he urged some of Axl’s former mates and the ones with the biggest rifts with Rose to call him in hopes to get him to come accept the award with his former band mates.

Matt: It’s cool that I’m gonna be there. I told Duff, I said, “One of you guys should call Axl” – I know Duff played with him – “Why don't you call him?” And then I talked to Slash. Because I can't call him. It’s not my… I'm way down the ladder. I'm, like, maybe right where Dizzy is, maybe just a little bit above, I'm not sure… (laughs). I said, “Slash, why don't you call? Call Izzy and then you [Duff] call Axl.” But it didn't happen, I guess. So I'm just gonna go. I can’t be… you know. It would be cool to see. I would be happy to be eating my steak, or whatever they're gonna feed me, watching it, you know (laughs).

Voice-over: As he just said, he’d be happy to see just the original lineup go at it and watch from the ballroom tables. He was also asked about performing and he said he’d just as well hand the sticks to Steven Adler.

Matt: Sure, I mean, you know, I'd rather hand the sticks to Stevie, actually. Because I'm cool with that. I don't need to be going, 'Hey!” You know, I'll go play cowbell or tambourine or something, I'll sing the harmonies… (laughs) I offered my services to Donovan, the folk singer who's getting inducted: “Hey, I don't think I'll be playing with these guys, so…”

Voice-over: And as for Green Day’s part in the festivities?

Matt: Green Day will probably play Guns N’ Roses songs; which will be kind of weird, but it might be interesting (laughs).

Voice-over: Guns N’ Roses are being inducted with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Donovan, The Beastie Boys and The Faces/Small Faces, among others.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum