APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.04.05 - Artisan News - Interview with Steven

Go down

2012.04.05 - Artisan News - Interview with Steven Empty 2012.04.05 - Artisan News - Interview with Steven

Post by Blackstar Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:51 pm

Voice-over: Rockers Green Day have been tapped to induct Guns N’ Roses into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but the real talk is about the back-and-forth status of the supposed reunion between the original members of GN’R. Original drummer Steven made no bones about saying that he'd be there. Adler, who has put together a brand new band with frontman Jacob Bunton and Lonnie Paul, is eager for fans to hear his new music. Steven Adler says he plans on being at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

Steven: The Rock and Roll – of course I'm gonna be a part of that. It's very exciting, but back then I knew we were going to get to that level and success. I knew it the first we played together, I knew the first time I heard the record that was, like, on radio. I just knew it was gonna be something special, so I never – I didn’t doubt it. It's not a surprise to me, because I expected it.

Voice-over: In a previous interview, Steven called the current members “hacks” and to Artisan News he said there were more like scabs.

Steven: I apologized to them. I said the wrong word. I meant to say “scabs.” But, see, scabs are something from when big factories – when the main workers would go on strike, the factory would get people off the street and it would call them scabs. I wasn't saying they can't play, I was just saying, “Well, the main people are on strike and this is who Axl has got going.” Of course they're great players or they wouldn’t be playing with Axl.

Voice-over: He also said even the devil himself doesn't know if Axl Rose will show.

Steven: You know, I hope so and I'd like to say yes, but I don't even think God knows. I asked Satan, I talked to Satan the other day. I said, “Dude, do you think Axl’s gonna show up?” and he was like, “Dude, I really can't tell you.” I wish I could, but until that moment when they say “Guns N’ Roses” and we’re supposed to walk on the stage, that's when we’ll know.

Voice-over: Adler is currently in the studio working on their debut album with producer Jeff Pilson whos some might remember from Dokken. The album will be released later this year.

Videos that were published at a later date but contain segments from the same interview session:

[...]

Voice-over: We asked Steven if he thought there would be fallout [with Axl] from his comments [calling current Guns N' Roses  "scabs"].

Steven: Well, I hope not. He knows I love him. I’m just very passionate about my part and the legacy of Guns N’ Roses. I’m just very passionate about it and it means a lot. I’m not saying these are bad people; I don’t know these people to say they’re bad people. I just get a little emotional.

Voice-over: He still says Axl is a superstar in his book and he hopes one day to make it right by him while maintaining his pride in the early days of GN’R.

Steven: He’s a superstar. I love him very much and he means a lot to me, and I hope that, you know, I could least get a hug out of him one day. He means a lot to me. If anybody’s read my book, “My Appetite for Destruction,” you know how passionate I am about the band and Axl and the other guys as well.

Voice-over: Steven Adler has a new solo band called simply “Adler” and he just wrapped up in the studio recording the new effort, but the more pressing matter at hand is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The induction ceremony also features the Small Faces, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Beastie Boys, but all eyes are on Guns N’ Roses and the clock ticking down to April 14th. Recently Slash told Rolling Stone that Axl hates his guts, and we asked Steven Adler if he believed that Axl
hated Slash.

Steven: I have no idea why he would hate him. I don't think Axl knows why he hates him. It's been too many years and like my grandmother always said, “Stevie, time heals all wounds.” So I would think my grandma's always been right pretty much through my life; everything she said pretty much came to pass the way she said it. Many times this is “Yeah, grandma said that was gonna happen” (laughs). No forgiveness from those guys.

Voice-over: Adler said at the very least he'll be at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with Duff, but as for Slash and Axl it's anyone's guess.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down