APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.03.29/30 - Loudwire - Steven Adler Calls Guns N’ Roses Lineup ‘Hacks’/Issues Apology

Go down

2012.03.29/30 - Loudwire - Steven Adler Calls Guns N’ Roses Lineup ‘Hacks’/Issues Apology Empty 2012.03.29/30 - Loudwire - Steven Adler Calls Guns N’ Roses Lineup ‘Hacks’/Issues Apology

Post by Blackstar Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:20 pm

Steven Adler Calls Guns N’ Roses Lineup ‘Hacks’ + Reaffirms His Desire to Reunite at Rock Hall

Graham Hartmann
Published: March 29, 2012

The firestorm of the Guns N' Roses 'will they, won't they?' saga continues to gather fuel as former GN'R drummer Steven Adler calls the current Guns N' Roses lineup 'Axl and His Hacks,' while once again declaring his advocacy of an 'Appetite for Destruction'-era reunion at the band's upcoming Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

We exclusively broke the news on Tuesday (March 27) that Slash "would love to" reunite at the Rock Hall induction ceremony. The next day, Adler responded to Slash's decree by also stating that he wants the reunion to happen.

Now, in another Loudwire exclusive, we've got the latest update on 'Guns-gate' with our interview with Steven Adler, which occurred this very evening.

"If it was up to me, we would have been playing for the fans a long time ago," says Adler. "Unfortunately, I have no say in that. I'm behind it 100 percent … 111 percent! Put it this way; if the five original GN'R guys don't get up there and play, I'm going up there just on the drum set and playing a couple of songs from 'Appetite for Destruction.' It's for the fans. To me it's just a rock 'n' roll band, but it's a rock 'n' roll band that I've gotten so much love and respect from all over the world."

"He's my brother. I know he's up to it," Adler says about Slash and the Rock Hall reunion. "He wants to do it. I want to do it. Just from what I hear, Izzy [Stradlin]'s not gonna show up and Axl will probably want to play with his hack band -- his band of hacks. 'Axl and His Hacks' -- it shouldn't even be Guns N' Roses. He's just driving that name into the freakin' ground. 'Axl and His Hacks.'

Adler continued, "My grandmother always said, "Time heals all wounds." Slash and Axl are one to each other. It's not like one of them slept with one of them's wives or anything -- and even that's forgivable after a while. There is no reason to be upset."

https://loudwire.com/steven-adler-calls-guns-n-roses-lineup-hacks-reaffirms-his-desire-to-reunite-at-rock-hall/

Last edited by Blackstar on Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down

2012.03.29/30 - Loudwire - Steven Adler Calls Guns N’ Roses Lineup ‘Hacks’/Issues Apology Empty Re: 2012.03.29/30 - Loudwire - Steven Adler Calls Guns N’ Roses Lineup ‘Hacks’/Issues Apology

Post by Blackstar Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:22 pm

Steven Adler Issues Apology to Guns N’ Roses Lineup for ‘Hacks’ Comment

Graham Hartmann
Published: March 30, 2012

Former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler recently spoke with us about wanting to play with the 'Appetite for Destruction'-era GN'R lineup at their upcoming Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. In that same interview, Adler also called the current GN'R lineup, 'Axl and His Hacks.' Today however, Adler has issued an official apology for his statements, claiming, "My emotions got the best of me."

During our exclusive phone interview with Steven Adler yesterday, the drummer shared his thoughts about the current Guns N' Roses lineup. Just from what I hear, Izzy [Stradlin]'s not gonna show up [to the Rock Hall induction] and Axl will probably want to play with his hack band -- his band of hacks. 'Axl and His Hacks' -- it shouldn't even be Guns N' Roses. He's just driving that name into the freakin' ground. 'Axl and His Hacks.'"

Today, Adler has offered an apology to Guns N' Roses via a press release.

“Sometimes my emotions get the best of me when talking about my former band” states Adler.  “It’s hard to see your ex in bed with somebody else. We created one of the biggest selling debut albums of all time and it’s no secret that I want to finish what we started 25 years ago and play together at the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame.  The guys that Axl has put together are all great players.  They’re not hacks in the sense that they can’t play, they’re all incredible musicians.  I just meant that they are not the original lineup.  I would like to apologize to Axl, Bumblefoot, D.J., Tommy, Dizzy, Richard, Frank, and Chris for my statement."

Steven Adler is currently working on his current musical project, Adler, with vocalist Jacob Bunton and guitarist Lonny Paul. Stay tuned for our full interview with Adler coming soon.

https://loudwire.com/steven-adler-issues-apology-to-guns-n-roses-lineup-for-hacks-comment/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2012.03.29/30 - Loudwire - Steven Adler Calls Guns N’ Roses Lineup ‘Hacks’/Issues Apology Empty Re: 2012.03.29/30 - Loudwire - Steven Adler Calls Guns N’ Roses Lineup ‘Hacks’/Issues Apology

Post by Blackstar Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:27 pm

Guns N’ Roses Guitarist Bumblefoot Accepts Steven Adler’s Apology

Amy Sciarretto
Published: March 31, 2012

Current Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal is a forgiving man. Days after former GN'R drummer Steven Adler dismissed the current lineup as a bunch of "hacks" during our interview, subsequently issuing an apology via press release, blaming it on emotion, Bumblefoot responded. He took it upon himself to post an acknowledgment to his Facebook page.

That's awfully big (and quite classy) of him, as Adler's comments could be construed as incredibly insulting, apology or not.

Below is the full text of Bumblefoot's post, where he basically took the high road and absolved Adler of any guilt. He also cited music as a unifier, not a divider.

"All good, bro. Thanks so much. We all just want to make music and make people happy. As far as all the GN'R hoopla, I'd rather it be what connects us than what separates us. You and I played together in Chicago a few years ago (I was jammin' with Lita Ford) and you guys were great. I won't be at Hall Of Fame. If you go, please give everyone a big hello for me."

It's refreshing to see Bumblefoot and Adler make up via social networking, rather than allowing this drama to fester and escalate into a full-blown feud, further dampening any chance of an impromptu reunion at the inductions. Yes, we're still hopeful!

https://loudwire.com/bumblefoot-accepts-steven-adler-apology/

2012.03.29/30 - Loudwire - Steven Adler Calls Guns N’ Roses Lineup ‘Hacks’/Issues Apology Bumble12
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down