APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.02.11 - Metal Sickness - Interview with Gilby

Go down

2012.02.11 - Metal Sickness - Interview with Gilby Empty 2012.02.11 - Metal Sickness - Interview with Gilby

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:22 pm

Last edited by Blackstar on Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down

2012.02.11 - Metal Sickness - Interview with Gilby Empty Re: 2012.02.11 - Metal Sickness - Interview with Gilby

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:25 pm

Excerpt from Blabbermouth:
--------------------------------

Metal Sickness conducted an interview with former Guns N' Roses and Rock Star Supernova guitarist Gilby Clarke prior to his February 11 solo concert at L'Empreinte, Savigny Le Temple, France. You can now watch the chat below.

When asked about the status of Rock Star Supernova, the reality television-formed supergroup he launched with Tommy Lee (Motley Crue), Jason Newsted (Voivod, ex-Metallica) and Canadian vocalist Lukas Rossi, Gilby said, "When we did the TV show ['Rock Star: Supernova'], for us, it was really about the band. Myself, Tommy and Jason, we were really excited about getting the band together. The TV show was just a way for us to look around and find a singer. Even for guys like us, you can't just go, 'Oh, let's find a singer.' All the good singers are in bands and they're busy. So we thought that we would try and look throughout the world to find [a singer] and the TV show came along. So we were happy. I thought Lukas did a great job on the record, when we picked him from the show. After the show, we did do a tour — we did a full U.S. tour, went down to Australia and everything — but it was really clear that it wasn't good enough. It happened so fast that I don't think that we really had time to develop a band sound — like, play together. It's really hard when you have three guys that are successful to get together and just start a new band like it's in the garage — it's impossible. And I think that, because of that, it was something that wasn't going to last. Because, after doing the shows, I didn't wanna do it anymore. I didn't like Lukas' commitment, and Tommy was still in Motley Crue, he was still DJing and everything. To me, I gave up everything to do that band, and I wanted to see the same from everybody else."

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/gilby-clarke-rock-star-supernova-wasn-t-good-enough/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down