APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Favorite Axl Rose moments? ????????

4 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Favorite Axl Rose moments? ???????? Empty Re: Favorite Axl Rose moments? ????????

Post by Soulmonster Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:31 am

Hmm, probably the CGBG's performance or the one he did with Metallica for the RIP party.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76582

Back to top Go down

Favorite Axl Rose moments? ???????? Empty Re: Favorite Axl Rose moments? ????????

Post by Soulmonster Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:27 am

Karice wrote:Does anyone know exactly what the item that Axl dove into the crowd to take? MOST Guns And Roses Fans say it was a camera, SOME say it was a Knife.... 🤔 At least one Guns And Roses Fans pointed out that if it were REALLY a knife, he would have dived right in front of a knife, which would have been REALLY dangerous...

It was a camera.

Read more about it here: https://www.a-4-d.com/t4990p30-12-january-july-1991-touring-mayhem#22479
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:13 am

Over the top? Yeah, Axl was pretty crazy.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:14 am

One the one side you can't fight cameras anymore and on the other side I am sure he is more chill now.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:44 pm

Yes, Axl dived to get the camera, although the biker, Stump, did have a knife with him and was ready to pull it, as he admitted in a recent interview:

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/stlouis/the-riotous-life-of-stump-stephenson/Content?oid=36779950&showFullText=true

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:40 pm

Karice wrote:
Blackstar wrote:Yes, Axl dived to get the camera, although the biker, Stump, did have a knife with him and was ready to pull it, as he admitted in a recent interview:
Question. Is Stump the man that Axl hit in the head just before climbing back onstage? Because the man Axl hit in the head looked REALLY confused like he was innocent. IIRC, someone claimed on a Guns And Roses video that he himself was the guy that actually had the camera and knife and  Axl hit a random Fan by accident and he and his Friends laughed at it.
No, it wasn't Stump. The guy Axl hit was a venue security guard.

Axl: Oh, and by the way, I never hit the guy with the camera. All I did was grab his vest and didn't let go of that motherfucker for anything. I dived in and grabbed that guy and did not let go of that guy. The only guy I hit was the security guy who was screaming at me and grabbed me, and I didn't even hit him, I slapped him. I was like, "Wake up!" I wouldn't let go of the guy with the camera because the security was trying to get me to let go of him so he could get away. I was like, "No, no, no." Those four guys were yelling and driving me nuts the whole night. It had nothing to do with us playing. They were like "we know Guns N' Roses and we're going to prove we're his best friend and we are his biggest fan and so on." I was like, "Shut up!" I don't care about people screaming, but this guy kept on waving his motorcycle card for his gang, the Saddletramps. I just didn't care about it.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t541-1991-09-dd-musician-there-s-a-riot-going-on-axl
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:22 am

It's hard to pin it down to just one moment. For me, seeing & hearing him perform live was a favorite moment (and back in 2010 he was on top form, imho). Cool
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9462

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:05 am

Back in the day (like 2006) Axl wrote some "open letters" to fans, gotta say I enjoyed them - the way he put his sentences together was complicated and beautiful at the same time. Very Happy

An example:
Axl wrote:To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement. Overcoming the endless and seemingly insane amount of obstacles faced by all involved, notwithstanding the emotional challenges endured by everyone -- the fans, the band, our road crew and business team -- has at many times seemed like a bad dream in which one wakes up only to find that they are still in the nightmare. Unfortunately, this time it has been played out for over a decade in real life.

The true, ongoing, behind-the-scenes triumphs and casualties are much more complicated than any negative speculation that the media or otherwise has managed to hit upon. For much of the time, various legal issues have arisen, demanding that the best way to deal with these things publicly, quite frankly, was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome-- especially one that wouldn’t jeopardize the band or the album. It’s easy for people to point out how others have handled similar situations or how they would have dealt with these issues themselves if they encountered them in their own lives. But again, without full knowledge of the various dynamics and circumstances involved, these types of comments or commentary are just uninformed, disassociated, generally useless -- and often hindering --speculation.
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9462

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down