APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Better Guns And Roses song? Welcome To The Jungle or Paradise City? ????

3 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Better Guns And Roses song? Welcome To The Jungle or Paradise City? ???? Empty Re: Better Guns And Roses song? Welcome To The Jungle or Paradise City? ????

Post by Soulmonster Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:25 pm

Karice wrote:Head to Head comparison of Guns And Roses songs, Welcome To The Jungle or Paradise City. Which is better? On a Paradise City song video, a Guns And Roses Fan said that Welcome To The Jungle was Guns And Roses best song. I replied something like,"Paradise City is much better than Welcome To The Jungle to me. Welcome To The Jungle, Axl was dipping his toe in the ocean so to speak, but Paradise City, well, he was fully swimming in the ocean. I feel that Welcome To The Jungle is the definitive Guns And Roses song, but Paradise City is where Axl is completely at ease with himself and REALLY let's loose. The 6:53 version of Paradise City is beyond phenomenal and one of the best rock songs of all time. 😀

What do you guys think? 😀

I have got to go with Welcome to the Jungle. I don't really like the chorus in Paradise City, it is too...jolly, in a sense. Welcome is more aggressive throughout and has the better vocals.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76739

Back to top Go down

Better Guns And Roses song? Welcome To The Jungle or Paradise City? ???? Empty Re: Better Guns And Roses song? Welcome To The Jungle or Paradise City? ????

Post by Soulmonster Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:37 pm

Is that 6:53 version one of the demos?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:21 pm

The album version is 6:45 minutes, according to Spotify. So I suppose that's the version you are talking about. I don't think I have heard the radio edit where the last two minutes with the long Slash solo is removed Razz
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:28 pm

Karice wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:The album version is 6:45 minutes, according to Spotify. So I suppose that's the version you are talking about. I don't think I have heard the radio edit where the last two minutes with the long Slash solo is removed Razz

On YouTube, they have a Paradise City video that clocks in at exactly 6:53. 😀 .

Alright, I checked Spotify.

Anyway, the original, album version of the song is probably the same as the one you are talking about:

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:47 am

That's just the original version. It's a bit longer probably because whoever uploaded it to Youtube added a short introduction.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:21 pm

Karice wrote:Hmm. I'm not so sure that Paradise City is a Best Guns N'Roses song anymore...🤐 I was blown away by Paradise City with Axl's desperate, loud, fast, powerful, urgent, passionate singing in it. I had grown up on "Sweet Child Of Mine," and Axl doesn't do that desperate, urgent, loud, passionate, fast singing in it. Sweet Child of mine is honest and raw, but doesn't have a sense of urgency in it
I was pleasantly surprised by Paradise City as I had NEVER heard Axl sing like that before. Once again, I used to think that Sweet Child Of Mine was their ONLY song and Axl doesn't sing with the urgency of Paradise City in Sweet Child Of Mine. But as I listen to more and more Guns N'Roses songs, I realize that the urgency Axl uses in Paradise City is pretty standard for a LOT of his songs. So Paradise City is no longer all that special to me anymore. I actually enjoy Perfect Crime much more than Paradise City now. Perfect Crime is even MORE urgent than Paradise City is. 😀 I listened to Perfect Crime like 7 times in a row before finally stopping.... 😀

do you mind if I ask how old are you? you sound much younger than the rest of us

you are going through stuff i went through over 20 years ago, it is fun
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5500

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down