APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2011.03.26 - NME - Duff McKagan: 'I go 'road gay' on tour'

Go down

2011.03.26 - NME - Duff McKagan: 'I go 'road gay' on tour'  Empty 2011.03.26 - NME - Duff McKagan: 'I go 'road gay' on tour'

Post by Blackstar Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:28 pm

Ex-Guns N' Roses man Duff McKagan: 'I go 'road gay' on tour'

Bassist says he mistakes male bandmates for 'hot chicks'

Ex-Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan has chatted about how he becomes what he calls "road gay" while on tour.

McKagan explained that while deprived of the company of his wife on the road he often finds himself mistaking male band members for the female of the species.

"You're away from your wife and whatever, and I don't fuck around — but there are no women on the bus," he outlined. "All of a sudden, well, your bass player's got long black hair, he's wearing his little sister's pants, and out of the corner of your eye he looks like a hot chick."

He added: "We call it 'road gay'. We don't actually act on it..."

McKagan was presumably referring to touring duties with current bands, Velvet Revolver and Loaded rather than his Guns N' Roses gigging days past. But you never know.

Get the new issue of NME, on UK newsstands now or available digitally, for the full interview with McKagan.

https://web.archive.org/web/20151002030444/http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/55676
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down