APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Is Axl happy enough with CD's reception to release more music?

2 posters

Go down

Is Axl happy enough with CD's reception to release more music? Empty Is Axl happy enough with CD's reception to release more music?

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Look at the fax that Axl sent to MTV on October 30, 1996:

LIVE!!!! From "Burning Hills", California...

Due to overwhelming enthusiasm, and that "DIVE IN AND FIND THE MONKEY" attitude....

#1. There will NOT be a Guns N' Roses tour.

#2. There will NOT be an official Guns N' Roses web site.

#3. There will NOT be any NEW Guns N' Roses videos.

#4. There will NOT be any new Guns N' Roses involved merhandise.

#5. There will NOT be a Guns N' Roses Fan Club.

#6. There will be a new Guns N' Roses 12 song minimum recording with
three original "B" sides.

NOTE: If all goes well this will be immediately repeated.

#7. However*******Slash will not be involved in any new Guns N' Roses
endeavors? as far has not been musically involved with Guns N" Roses
since April 1994 with the exception of a BRIEF feel period with Zakk
Wylde and a 2 week initial period with Guns N' Roses in the late fall
of '95. He (Slash) has been "OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY" outside of the
Guns N' Roses Partnership since December 31, 1995.

Nothing here is Subject To Change
Without A PERMANENT SUSPENSION
Of the "Pseudo Studio Musician Work Ethic"

SINCERELY,

W. Axl Rose

Big FD Ent., Inc.
Mike "Duff" McKagan

"If all goes well" suggests to me that he would look at the record's reception [Chinese Demoracy] and based on this decide whether to release more music. I hope he isn't too disappointed....
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76739

Back to top Go down

Is Axl happy enough with CD's reception to release more music? Empty Re: Is Axl happy enough with CD's reception to release more music?

Post by bumb.l.foot Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:34 am

I think at this point he is not too concerned about the number of units the albums sell. If he was he would have done at least a morsel of promotion. It is all cool to claim they were sabotaged, but surely he wasn't legally prevented from doing a couple of interviews etc...
bumb.l.foot
bumb.l.foot

Plectra : 4766

Back to top Go down

Is Axl happy enough with CD's reception to release more music? Empty Re: Is Axl happy enough with CD's reception to release more music?

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:00 am

bumb.l.foot wrote:I think at this point he is not too concerned about the number of units the albums sell. If he was he would have done at least a morsel of promotion. It is all cool to claim they were sabotaged, but surely he wasn't legally prevented from doing a couple of interviews etc...

Perhaps he expected it to do better even without promotion? I just can't help thinking about what he said in those online chats that for now he's concentrating on working CD for a while, and then the cancellation of the tour. Seems to me he's really insecure and that he might decide to just say 'fuck it' and leave the business altogether. Releasing music is like pulling fucking teeth for him, there must be an upside for him -- perhaps some genuine appreciation of his art -- otherwise why would he bother?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bumb.l.foot Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:27 am

Yeah i agree. He seems to be susceptable to mood swings and to anger. So it is quite feasable that he indeed thought it would sell more and be more critically acclaimed.
bumb.l.foot
bumb.l.foot

Plectra : 4766

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:00 pm

It could have done better if he'd just got it out sooner. It sadly became a farce.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down